Just Saved Over $200 on my Cruise!

I just got off the phone with RCCL. I was looking at their website for price reductions for our April 7 cruise on Serenade and saw that our D1 cabin had dropped over $200 in price. Called RCCL immediately and with NO QUESTIONS ASKED they reduced the price of my cruise accordingly.

How GREAT is THAT!

Rccl is really good about that. I check weekly because it could go down 1 week and back up the next. You have to catch it yourself. But for a extra 200.00 it's worth it to peek in every week. You never know what you are going to find.

Pharmaguy, that's great! I also was lucky enough to get money back on our balcony cabin in January. I saw that the JS cabins were discounted also, so I used my credit to upgrade, woo hoo!

Like Scher, I check RCI's site to see if our upcoming cruises are discounted in anyway that will affect our booking. RCI's great about it. Happy Cruising!!!

If I see the price drops on the RC website, do I call RC directly even though we used a travel agent to book, or should I call the TA and tell them I noticed the price drop on the RC website?

Thanks.

When you book through a TA, you must go through them for the price change. Some posters have had great experiences with a TA and them getting the discount, some have not.

Prices sometimes change more often than every week. I try to check more often if I can. Also, the Promowave should be checked. Good luck in any price reductions. Congradulations to the OP!!!!

my understanding is a promowave it only for new booking and they do not give you money back if that is where the reduction is.

Congrats to the OP! Don't you love it when that happens?!

I had to laugh when I first read the title of your thread. It made me think of that commercial. "I just saved $200 on my car insurance.":)

Archived