Airline and Hotel Questions

dwdowns

My wife and I are sailing on the AOS in Sept. I am getting ready to book our flights and have some questions. I have read on another thread that on disembarkation, if you are on United Airlines you can check your bags at the pier and not have to deal with them until you reach your home airport. Can anyone verify or add information on this. I have a choice between United and Delta. What is a comfortable time for flight home on Sunday? Also we are flying in on Thurs. any recommendations on a hotel on the beach? What are advantages/disadvantages of either Conando and Isle Verde. Look forward to your help.

David

Wish I could help but I won't be in San Juan until November. If you don't get any other replies, I would consider other factors in whether to use United or Delta -

which is cheaper

which has better connections

which alliance (Star Alliance if United or Skyteam if Delta) do you have any frequent flyer account with that you can continue to build when flying to/from San Juan

John

Thanks for the reply John, I ended up booking United down and Delta for the flight back home. I got roundtrip for $261 from Richmond Va., so I was getting nervous about the price jumping sometime soon. Still haven't made hotel reservation, trying to decide between Caribe Hilton, Courtyard Marriott Isle Verde or something different like numero uno guest house. Any thoughts on this would be good.

David

Isla Verde beach is more enjoyable than Condado. Sand is nicer and the beachfront is roomier. The waves are smoother and roll in nicer. Courtyard is ok, but it is so close to the airport that it might be a distraction (I think it is pretty cool watching the plane surface over the treeline myself).

Courtyard is the last hotel on Isla Verde to the east. You can walk a little down the beach, or find something a little further west. But, don't go as far as Condado. You'll be disappointed in the rocky areas. Hope that helps.

Archived