Zipline Technical Question

torybruno

You actually walk a stairs. The walk is not that far but most of the people were out of breath by the time they got to the top.

I would guess you are about 75 feet above the ground. There are 6 zips then they lower you at the last platform. You will love it.

Rob

NCL Dream 2/07

How old is your son? We went last year, and our daughter who was six at the time LOVED it! They said she was the youngest child to have zipped. She had way less hesitation than some adults. I was nervous that she would be afraid and not leave the first zip platform -- but she did great.

I just did this excursion on 3/21/07. I am afraid of heights but I loved this experience. You do have to climb up a path of stones & I was one of the ones out of breath by the time we neared the first platform. The first platform isn't so bad. The second one is a bit longer so it looks scarier. My best tips I can give you is, Don't look down, Keep your eye on the next platform. You're there before you know it. Getting down from the last platform is another daunting task. You have to propel yourself down a rope to reach the ground. You are in your harness and have a hand brake that controls how fast or slow you go. Once again I suggest not looking down. I was so proud of myself for being able to have had this experience. I hope you will try.

Marty

Which zipline are you going on? We did the Pirates zipline and were taken to the top of the hill in a van, then had just a short climb on steps to the first platform. Very easy. However, this zipline is more strenuous than some because it has several bridges/cables to navigate as well as the zipping.

But my husband and I were 60 & 61 and loved the zipline! The actual zipping is really easy and fun (a little thrilling that first time you let go and step off the platform!) and we liked the challenge of the bridges.

At the end you just go down another short set of steps to the ground, where you are right at the place where you sign up. You can do a small climbing wall at the last station, but don't have to.

Archived