~The Ultimate Carnival Beverage Thread~

KBD627

How will Carnival's beverage policy affect you?  

454 members have voted

1. 1. How will Carnival's beverage policy affect you?

• No effect I never bring beverages on board.
    • I will strictly follow it. I follow all of carnival's rules.
    • I'm a past smuggler will now smuggle non-alcohol too.
    • I will now join the smugglers.

Caribbean Dreams - I can see your point - my definition of "non-alcoholic beverages" would be the non-alcoholic beer and drink mixes to make virgin drinks...if they meant all beverages, why not say "You are only allowed to bring 1 bottle of wine/champagne, no other beverages allowed"

But, I am not much of a drinker, and this is our first cruise, so maybe that is just newbie thinking....:confused:

I would think water is about as "non-alcoholic" as you can get. Rather than list every possible drink that exists, that term pretty much covers everything.

Never smuggled booze-not much of a drinker. Occasional glass of wine, pina colada, and if I can find them and they are good-a chocolate or pineapple maritini.

A couple of times I have bought a 12 pack of diet coke. Sometimes I have problems and have to limit my caffeine so after 3:00 I try to drink caffeinne free and I have never seen them on board.

I am addicted but I like them ice cold out of the can. I have my trademark cuzzie that I carry everywhere with me. Usually what I do is take my small 6 pack size soft sided cooler and the first thing I do when I get to my cabin is call room service and order 6 diet cokes in a can. Guess I will just have to deal with the caffeine now.

We don't drink enough to make smuggling booze worthwhile but they should allow non-alcoholic brands they don't sell onboad to be checked and/or carried on. First thing DH did when we got home from the last cruise was stop at the airport gift shop and buy a Diet Mountain Dew (he couldn't even find one in the Tampa airport! - all Coke products.) He was in complete withdrawals without it for a week:D . For the next cruise we had already planned to pick up a couple of the bottled six packs in FLL for him and put it in a duffel bag to check in at the pier. Not everyone drinks coke products. And he's already told me he's not going without his Mtn. Dew this time!

Where is this change listed?

I found this on Carnival.com under "Ticket Contract" and I see no change listed for alcoholic beverages.

(f). Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only. Excessive quantities, as determined by Carnival, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

Where is this change listed?

I found this on Carnival.com under "Ticket Contract" and I see no change listed for alcoholic beverages.

(f). Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only. Excessive quantities, as determined by Carnival, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

FAQ Under beverage service

faq.gifspacer.gifCan I Bring Liquor On Board?spacer.gifA liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club.

Any additional quantity of wine/champagne or any alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

The only beverages I've ever bothered to bring on board are a few bottled waters and maybe a 6- or 12-pack of Diet Coke in cans, which we keep in our cabin, and sometimes take with us on shore excursions.

I won't try to do that on our upcoming cruise -- it's in the Med, and I don't want to try and hassle buying Diet Coke in Civitavecchia! But, I imagine I will try and bring it aboard any cruise leaving out of a U.S. port. If they confiscate those, not too much $$$ down the drain.

But I still won't pay the stupid, outrageous prices they charge for soft drinks. I'll just have iced tea instead.

It's called Coke Light in Europe. I really hope that they aren't going to be enforcing unopened soft drinks. If so at least give me back those at the end of the cruise.

I mostly don't bring on a case of coke or anything, but if I buy one in port and I don't finish it, I would like to at least be able to take it back with me. I really enjoy Coke when it is made with Sugar instead of the junk with High Fructose corn syrup. I can tell the difference, and you can't get that on the ship.

Also think about this for a moment, if you buy a bottled water in your stateroom took it with you at port, and then returned with it, would they confiscate it?

Here are a few of mine:

I smuggle rum and vodka in water bottles. That way I can take them on deck to take advantage of free mixes available on lido deck. Also the only way you can get past the guards in port. Mark the caps with a V or a R so you don't get them confused with real water. Also get some kind of insulating cover so servers won't throw away your half empty bottle of “water”

Buy a Drink of the Day and use the souvenir plastic cup for your own Drink of the Rest of the Day

I also bring a shaker flask and a small bottle of vermouth for martini hour and a bloody mary concentrate (you can order tomato juice from room service) for those sea day eye openers. Punch is available on lido deck for rum punch. You can also concoct a not to shabby long island iced tea by mixing booze with ice tea and lemonade.

I buy a 12 pack of beer for our pre- cruise stay in Cocoa Beach. Usually a few are left over to put in checked luggage.

I start taking a product called LiveRite (available at Rite Aid as well as health food stores) as directed about 2 weeks prior to cruise. Then during cruise I pop them like candy when indulging. It boosts the liver's function. I think it works better than Chaser at preventing hangovers and is cheaper.

Drink a few waters in between cocktails, especially in hot sun. Stop drinking alcohol at least 2 hours before bed time. Start sipping water. Put a large bottle or pitcher by your bed to drink if you wake at night.

If you miss the above step and have an early morning excursion, set your alarm 2 hours ahead of schedule, take ibuprofen with a large glass of water and go back to bed. You should be in better shape then.

Take a large bottle of water to the gym locker room, take a shower in one of those wonderful multi head shower stalls, and sweat a little in the steam room before imbibing again.

I seem to recall people saying that the people from Carnival read this boards occasionally. They probably figured it all out, so to speak, since people are very vocal about "smuggling".

I always cringe when i see a post asking how easy it is to smuggle and someone comes along and brags how easy it is, maybe some people will now learn that some things are better left unsaid.

:rolleyes: Do you really think this is the best time to talk about smuggling alcohol on the ship, right after they just had a big crackdown and checked alot of checked luggage are not allowing even water bottles onto the ship anymore.

Carnival is watching, the less we say, the better chance we have to get away with it.

Is this new within the last couple of weeks? I was just on Inspiration March 3 - took 10 12oz bottles of Pepsi and 10 bottles of water - didn't hide it (smuggle). It was in my checked luggage inside zip-lock bags and it was still there when I unpacked.
That IS what they call 'smuggling'... :eek: :p

That really stinks! I don't smuggle alcohol but I do bring a 12 pack of 12oz Pepsi bottles. I really don't care for Coke! :rolleyes:

I just checked my documents for the Elation sailing on 3/31/07 and it states that we can bring small amounts of non-alcohol drinks. Any deemed excessive will be taken.

Just what the documents state.

I'm going by what my PVP told me (he hasn't steered me wrong yet) after asking around at Carnival, and emailed me, stating that we were still allowed 1 case of soda per person. Yes, I'll be bringing it in a bag, but I don't really think it's smuggling because according to him, it's still permissable. *shrugs*

Liquor and Beverage Policy

However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club.

Any additional quantity of wine/champagne or any alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

First poll took me a little while to set up.

There was never a defined limit on wine. Now it is one bottle per person.

It was always one bottle per person. Like every other rule they never enforced it. :cool:

I will continue to bring 2 bottles of wine per person as they have a limited wine list and I do not like to settle on vacation for a marginal wine at triple the price.

and even threatened to put violators off the ship without compensation to get home on their own. They never enforced it on my Dec. cruise. Unless you had a box of liquor they didn't try to hold it if it was in your carry on bag at each port. This is more of a scare tactic to stop people from bringing on anything that they can sell on the ship. Next it will be toothpaste and hair spray. I know the argument about you don't take drinks and food into a restaurant but you can to a resort. It's just that the bean counters have taken over from the sailors. I'll take my chances.

If the two threads that started all this are indeed and indication of a change in Carnival policy, the are only bringing their policy in line with the other major cruise lines.

Or perhaps this is a further development in the "famlification" of Carnival.

The Duck, is taking a wait and see attitude on this one.

If the two threads that started all this are indeed and indication of a change in Carnival policy, the are only bringing their policy in line with the other major cruise lines.

Or perhaps this is a further development in the "famlification" of Carnival.

The Duck, is taking a wait and see attitude on this one.

Quack...quack...quack. :p

I think The Duck should start a pole about taking poles.

I will be a huge non-alcoholic drink smuggler until carnival treats their customers who purchased a fountian drink card better. If you have ever purchased a fountain card you will know what i mean. Trying to get someone at the bar to wait on you when the they see the card is almost impossible.

The Duck would prefer a pole on pole dancing.

Incidentally, the Duck is in favor.

In favor of what? The pole or the pole?

I will be a huge non-alcoholic drink smuggler until carnival treats their customers who purchased a fountain drink card better. If you have ever purchased a fountain card you will know what i mean. Trying to get someone at the bar to wait on you when the they see the card is almost impossible.

This is good to know... So, hide the card until you have someone in front of you and you are telling them what you want. ;)

Archived