~The Ultimate Carnival Beverage Thread~

KBD627

How will Carnival's beverage policy affect you?  

454 members have voted

1. 1. How will Carnival's beverage policy affect you?

• No effect I never bring beverages on board.
    • I will strictly follow it. I follow all of carnival's rules.
    • I'm a past smuggler will now smuggle non-alcohol too.
    • I will now join the smugglers.

This whole thread is bogus.

There is NO change to the language from past years - I have all those cruise docs/contracts/etc.

KBD is just trying to stir the pot... Unless you hear from ACTUAL people who have had something confiscated from CHECKED bags? Fuggedaboutit, as Tony Soprano would say.

Maybe a little :rolleyes: However there were several threads about this and I checked Carnival website where beverage policy was changed to NO BEVERAGES (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) other then 1 bottle of wine/champagne per person.

I expected the morals police to dominate the survey and thought "I will strictly follow, I follow all of Carnival's rules" to be the most popular, but alas a mere 5%.

Sail on

Maybe the former F-deck is where they will house the people who break said rules as "prisoners". :D

I'll get sent there if the women prisoners go topless :rolleyes: . I'll hold off returning the mirrored sunglasses with spy camera attached.:cool:

I'll get sent there if the women prisoners go topless :rolleyes: . I'll hold off returning the mirrored sunglasses with spy camera attached.:cool:

I, being a woman myself, can say this with confidence: There are some women, prisoners or not, that we would prefer leave the top ON! :p I am included in this rank! :eek:

(Just trying to lighten the mood here, people!)

I just talked to Mark a supervisor in Guest Relations and he:

1. Was not aware of the new policy, and thanked me for showing it to him.

2. Asked his supervisor, who called operations, and then they all three looked on their (Carnival's) web site, as well as on their intranet, it still states they old policy (reasonable amounts).

I explained that I didn't want to be "the one" on my cruise, and with my luck I would be. He asked for a few minutes and promised to call me back. He did and stated that soda and water would be fine - no more than a case (24) per cabin. Wine and champangne are limited to 1 pp over 21. He also sent me a new broucher (just got mine that I ordered last week today, so I could see what he was talking about) and on the "Things to know before you go" page it states under beverage policy "Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages" this is on page 106 of my copy.

Can't wait to here how things go at the pier from those traveling before me.

I just talked to Mark a supervisor in Guest Relations and he:

1. Was not aware of the new policy, and thanked me for showing it to him.

2. Asked his supervisor, who called operations, and then they all three looked on their (Carnival's) web site, as well as on their intranet, it still states they old policy (reasonable amounts).

I explained that I didn't want to be "the one" on my cruise, and with my luck I would be. He asked for a few minutes and promised to call me back. He did and stated that soda and water would be fine - no more than a case (24) per cabin. Wine and champangne are limited to 1 pp over 21. He also sent me a new broucher (just got mine that I ordered last week today, so I could see what he was talking about) and on the "Things to know before you go" page it states under beverage policy "Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages" this is on page 106 of my copy.

Can't wait to here how things go at the pier from those traveling before me.

I was a little suspect when posters say if you call carnival 3 times you will get 3 differant answers. Do they get a diff. website when thay visit carnival.com??

This is fresh off carnival.com:

faq.gifspacer.gifCan I Bring Liquor On Board?spacer.gifA liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club.

Any additional quantity of wine/champagne or any alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

Starbrite it's one thing having a drink in your cabin but taking drinks to the pool etc. is really cheap. Most people who bring stuff on board also buy drinks from the ship outside their cabin. I bring it as a convenience after a day of touring or a day in the sun by relaxing on my balcony or in the cabin. I think that that is the reason most cruisers take it on board. It's not to screw the ship out of revenue but convenience.

:(I agree. We only consume the smuggled alcohol in our cabin. We still purchase drinks by the pool, at shows, and a dinner.

d

I was a little suspect when posters say if you call carnival 3 times you will get 3 differant answers. Do they get a diff. website when thay visit carnival.com??

This is fresh off carnival.com:

faq.gifspacer.gifCan I Bring Liquor On Board?spacer.gifA liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club.

Any additional quantity of wine/champagne or any alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

Anyone else find it sad that Carnival employees can't even find this on their own website, but all of us seem to have no problem finding it?? LMAO!!!!

I don't care about the alcohol. I buy that on board and the prices are very reasonable, but I just bought a case of water as I drink a lot of water and wanted members of our party to have a bottle of safe drinking water to carry while in port. Very disappointed.

Carnival's real problem is that the website FAQ page, and the contract terms, and the Before You Board brochure - are NOT in agreement and never have been! Why it is a problem for them is because in court, vague or conflicting terms are thrown out, and rendered unenforceable.

Thank god Carnival has lousy lawyers...

I will be on the Glory 5/5 Karen. You are invited for smuggler's punch on the Lido deck for castaway!

Like most of you, most of my smuggled booze is consumed on my balcony. I will only take some on deck if I plan to stay there most of the day. And of course, the first one is purchased so I can use the glass. I do not bring booze to the dining room, the shows or any of the bars. But I did not want this thread to be a debate on smuggling booze, so here is another drinking tip to hopefully get on track:

The optimun BAC for feeling good is 1.2%. There are charts available online to calculate how many drinks it will take you to reach that point based on weight, time, and sex. Or you can purchase portable breathalyzers quite cheaply on ebay. These devices are great to keep in your car to let you know if you can legally drive. If you go over the 1.2 mark you will not feel any better and run the risk of blacking out or passing out.

Just a little "fun fact". The legal limit for driving in most states is .08% BAC. I know you must mean .12%, and at .40% you are near the risk of death. So if you purchase your own breath tester, please don't shoot for 1.2%, okay? The blood alcohol concentration needed for any individual to be able to 'relax and have a good time' is different based on behavioral tolerence from person to person. With this in mind, I understand the different points of view on this smuggling issue. No judgement here, just a few BAC factoids. Cheers!

We always bring 2 2liter bottles of Diet Coke w/lime with us..also usually one small bottle of our favorite rum for a special drink or a nightcap in our cabin

Have never had anyone say anything...I think it's those who bring cases of drinks and try to smuggle large amounts of alcohol that have caused CL to change their policies. We leave tomorrow...hope our stuff doesn't get confiscated..if it does..oh well...won't ruin the cruise!

They will sell me a $60 bottle of Grey Goose but won't allow me to bring tonic on to mix it?? I'll find a way to get the mixers on or maybe I'll put my Vodka in the checked luggage and buy $2.00 Tonic with a lime.

I do think they should now offer a setup package when they sell the liquor... you can always call room service and get setups though.

I don't care about the alcohol. I buy that on board and the prices are very reasonable, but I just bought a case of water as I drink a lot of water and wanted members of our party to have a bottle of safe drinking water to carry while in port. Very disappointed.

They sell safe bottled water on the ship... also, as mentioned many times, the water on the ship is about as safe as you can get, and it's free, and it's VERY good... If you are worried about the money, just buy ONE bottle of water and refill it with the free water...

We always bring 2 2liter bottles of Diet Coke w/lime with us..also usually one small bottle of our favorite rum for a special drink or a nightcap in our cabin

Have never had anyone say anything...I think it's those who bring cases of drinks and try to smuggle large amounts of alcohol that have caused CL to change their policies. We leave tomorrow...hope our stuff doesn't get confiscated..if it does..oh well...won't ruin the cruise!

Let us all know when you get back.

I do think they should now offer a setup package when they sell the liquor... you can always call room service and get setups though.

I didn't see that on the room service menus that have been posted. What does it include and is there a charge for a setup package?

Thanks

What do they give you for setups? Free with room service?

sorry posted before reading above question...have to learn to read all posts in a thread before posting.

I didn't see that on the room service menus that have been posted. What does it include and is there a charge for a setup package?

Thanks

They don't have a setup package... which is what I wish they would add. You can get your sodas though, and limes, lemons, etc. by calling room service... of course you will be charged for the sodas/juices... but they are pretty quick about getting things to you...

Archived