~The Ultimate Carnival Beverage Thread~

KBD627

How will Carnival's beverage policy affect you?  

454 members have voted

1. 1. How will Carnival's beverage policy affect you?

• No effect I never bring beverages on board.
    • I will strictly follow it. I follow all of carnival's rules.
    • I'm a past smuggler will now smuggle non-alcohol too.
    • I will now join the smugglers.

I called my PVP at Carnival last night and he informed me that there was NO NEW POLICY and he would let me know if that changes. Weeeell guess what he mailed me a letter that they were handed this morning that stated the NEW DRINK POLICY and you are not allowed to bring non-alcoholic drinks on board. Sorry i am as upset as everyone else but the policy has changed.

So what do they give you to drink without extra charge? Sorry, first-time on a cruise; trying to learn the ropes.

On the Lido deck, juice, iced tea, tea coffee, milk choco-milk.

In the dining room water, milk if you asked I would guess. After diner coffee, tea, cappachino, espresso.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=1985

March 28, 2007 pixel.gif Carnival Bans Bringing Aboard Nonalcoholic Drinks waterpolicynews.jpg If Cruise Critic was initially skeptical about the motives behind rules banning passengers from bringing their own alcoholic beverages onboard, Carnival's move this week to ban passengers from bringing nonalcoholic drinks onboard has us absolutely confounded.

"What we've been told by our embarkation vice president is that there was abuse of the previous policy," says Carnival's Vance Gulliksen. "That's why the new policy is more restrictive." No additional details were available about the nature of the abuse.

This means that water, juice and soda are as off-limits as vodka, gin and beer.

Folks who require special beverages for medical reasons must bring a note from the doctor in order to bring their drinks onboard.

Carnival's not even the first line to implement such a restriction. In a little noticed policy shift, Royal Caribbean already prohibits bringing nonalcoholic beverages onboard.

Not as a result of the new policy, but now that I've finally discovered the Bon Voyage department I will use that rather than smuggling liquor onboard as in the past. But will continue to carry on DH's favorite soda, because that's the only kind he will drink and Carnival doesn't carry it.

I think we should start a letter writing compaign to the man who made the decision.

Embarkation Vice President Vance Gulliksen. Anyone have the corporate address handy? I think this deserves an ONION letter.

I am leaving on my first cruise this Sunday. I am obviously missing something as the majority of people see fit to be tied that they can't take there beverage of choice with them. Personally, I never do on vacation as hauling that stuff around is alot of bother and I kind buy drinks when I get to my destination. But in this case, I am obviously in the minority and I am not understanding why.

Is it the money piece, lack of variety...what am I missing here?

It's usually a screw cap so I think it'd be called a screwing fee.

Shhhhh! Don't give Carnival any ideas. I'll bet they would love to find a way to charge for that! Talk about an increase to their bottom line! :D

Hey! I just realized that they are going to have to set up a station to turn in any water you may have purchased in port. Do you think they will return it to us at the end of the cruise?:D

If you remember Carnival tried this "new policy" a couple of years ago and quickly backed off.

Also just off RCI, 2 bottles of water with the 15% tip was over $8.00. The price is not reasonable.

Hopefully if we stick together, we can stop Carnivals nonsense.

Hi,

for me it was that I spend lots of time in my room..I always have balcony and it's nice to have my bottled water and some pop with me.

I'm now going to carry on a small hand held sixpack ice chest and when I get on board I will have my daughter go up to the bar and buy me six cans of pop and six bottles of water. I will then put them on ice and have them ready when I decide I want one...I just use to buy them before I got on board.Not a real big deal or that much more money..As long as can have them in my room when I want them that's all that matters,

Carla

Carnival has truly become the South West Airlines of thr cruise industry.

You get what you pay for.:p

I really think that was uncalled for! I fly Southwest Airlines all the time and cannot think of a better airline. In fact I just got back from a trip to California last night and had a wonderful (often arriving early--never late!!) time. No, I do not work for Southwest or Carnival and enjoy them both. Yes, they both sell alcohol with a profit. They're not in the business to lose money. Don't like it, cruise another line and fly another airline. Nuff said!!

Hi,

for me it was that I spend lots of time in my room..I always have balcony and it's nice to have my bottled water and some pop with me.

Pop and bottled (if you must) water is available in every room on every ship, on top of that there is room service. I'm sorry but that is just a weak excuse.

I really think that was uncalled for! I fly Southwest Airlines all the time and cannot think of a better airline. In fact I just got back from a trip to California last night and had a wonderful (often arriving early--never late!!) time. No, I do not work for Southwest or Carnival and enjoy them both. Yes, they both sell alcohol with a profit. They're not in the business to lose money. Don't like it, cruise another line and fly another airline. Nuff said!!

Now that somebody brought of airlines.

Remember when you used to get served a proper, free meal on airlines? Do any airlines still do that? Used to be if I flew to Toronto on business early in the morning, I got served breakfast. Now I'm lucky if they chuck a container of juice to me.

I am leaving on my first cruise this Sunday. I am obviously missing something as the majority of people see fit to be tied that they can't take there beverage of choice with them. Personally, I never do on vacation as hauling that stuff around is alot of bother and I kind buy drinks when I get to my destination. But in this case, I am obviously in the minority and I am not understanding why.

Is it the money piece, lack of variety...what am I missing here?

ENJOY your cruise! You will LOVE it. You are soooooo right about this not being a big deal. It is vacation and the beverage policy is actually pretty generous. Then again, if folks didn't have something to complain about, what kind of world would this be. (Save the flames, just my opionion)

Have a blast and enjoy not schlepping the extra pounds!

Now that somebody brought of airlines.

Remember when you used to get served a proper, free meal on airlines? Do any airlines still do that? Used to be if I flew to Toronto on business early in the morning, I got served breakfast. Now I'm lucky if they chuck a container of juice to me.

Oh, how well I remember the free meals. I remember too when people complained about those. I always enjoyed them!!! So much for my stunning taste!! lol I fly often and it's been years since I've enjoyed an airline meal. Now I just take my own crackers and thank goodness I'm not driving.

I know this topic has been discussed ad nauseum, but I agree with most, that people should be able to bring a reasonable amount of non alcoholic beverages on board. By reasonable I mean a 12 pack or 2 depending on the length of cruise.

Can we still bring wine on board or do we have to pay 3 times the price for their substandard wines?

About the airlines, the last meal I had on an airplane was in '94 on a Delta flight to DC. Ever since, it's been peanuts or snack mix and if you're lucky beverage service.

I know this topic has been discussed ad nauseum, but I agree with most, that people should be able to bring a reasonable amount of non alcoholic beverages on board. By reasonable I mean a 12 pack or 2 depending on the length of cruise.

Can we still bring wine on board or do we have to pay 3 times the price for their substandard wines?

About the airlines, the last meal I had on an airplane was in '94 on a Delta flight to DC. Ever since, it's been peanuts or snack mix and if you're lucky beverage service.

Carnival's new policy is one bottle of wine or champagne per adult.

Have a blast and enjoy not schlepping the extra pounds!

Oh, I am shlepping extra pounds. How smart is it to gain five lbs the month before the weding and cruise?

But, I am not going to be a penny pincher and whine about not taking my own soda. I just don't get this...

Archived