jewelry stores in honolulu ??

melika091900

Does anyone know if I want a gold hawaiian bracelet with my name in hawaiian on it ( black enamel ) if there are any stores in honolulu that can do it quick like in an hour?? is this avail?

last time we went to hawaii i got a ring, and it took 2 days for them to do it , but since we are on a cruise i wont have 2 days :(

Is this possible now ???? I really want a bracelet ... The last time we went to Hawaii was in 2001,, so im wondering if things have changed now

any info /recommendations id appreciate..

Melissa

It says regular orders take 3 weeks

WOW ,, thats a long time,,

last time we went I got a ring from a place at the international market and it took like 2 days , then I came back there and got it ,

we werent on a cruise , but staying with family there for 2 weeks,

dang ... now im bummed, ;)

thanks for the info mike,

Melissa

If you call and purchase it in advance, you can pick it up when you're there. They can fax you a "proof" so you can approve the design and engraving.

really ??? have you done this ??

If you have which company did you use ?

we are leaving in 2 weeks, hopefully that gives them enough time,

good idea

thank you

Melissa

I purchased my Hawaiian jewelry from several places, the last time over the phone with pick up (my friend was going to Hawaii). It was from Debbie's jewelry in Waipahu, which is really far from town, so I wouldn't recommend going through them.

I would google Hawaiian Jewelry and find a "real" shop (brick and motar) near where you'll be staying, and then call directly. Ask them if they can send you a proof or at least a sample of the lettering (they may have several different fonts to choose from). You can browse the other websites for designs you like (ie: "maile" or "fiddlefern") and they should have a similar (though may not be exactly the same) design. Or email them a picture of your ring and they can match it closely. Good luck!

My favorite Hawaiian jeweler is Na Hoku. They are very reputable and always impress me. I have not gotten any of the Hawaiian Heritage jewelry but I have seen it there. I would think that they would allow you to order in advance for pick up on your voyage. They have a beautiful store at the Ala Moana Center. You might want to check out their homepage and contact them.

Enjoy!

Archived