Priority/Express Disembarkation

adams.580

This may sound crazy but...

I am returning to LA on the Star on 4/15/07. I have tickets to see Bob Barker and the Price is Right on 4/16/07!!! I am a super die-hard fan of the show, and I needed to get out to LA to see him before he retires in June. In fact, I planned this cruise for our anniversary, but of course I had to plan it around Bob's taping schedule!

Anyway, tickets to the show don't get you in, they only allow you to stand in line for first come-first serve seating. Because Bob is retiring, this is a popular thing to do now, and people are actually getting in line the day before the show (especially for Monday tapings).

Basically, I don't have an early flight - but I am wondering what I can do to get off the ship early in the morning so I can grab a cab, check our bags into the hotel across the street from CBS Studios, buy a folding chair from the Dollar General, and grab my place in line before 2 or 3PM. This is the third time I have flown all the way out to LA from Cincinnati, OH and I have never been in town when Bob was taping. Third time is the charm! I have to be one of the first 300 people in line to get in the studio and have my dream come true to "come on down"!

:D :D :D

PS - we are packing very light - carryons only

Yep - carry off your bags and you will be the first group off the ship, once the ship has cleared. (There will be papers delivered to the room a night or two before arrival that will explain the process.)

Good luck and hope you get to see Bob!

They called Express first before any colors or the BAGS program today when we got off the Star. We were express, but hung around in our stateroom until most everyone was off, as we had a late flight.

Thanks so much for all the tips guys - especially about the elevator! I am looking forward to our cruise! I don't know about you, but I usually get a little sad on the last day as we are headed back to port - but this time I won't because I have Bob Barker to look forward to! :)

Archived