Nassau: Ardastra, Dolphin Encounter, & Atlantis "dig"

jolly888

My husband & I and 3-year old daughter are going to be in Nassau on a Tuesday in May from 11 AM to 10 PM. Here's what we'd like to do. Any suggestions on how to get from place to place, or on the activities, please share-- THANKS!

12:30 - 2:30: Ardastra zoo/gardens (or how much time is enough to spend here?)

2:30- head over to Paradise Island Ferry Terminal; to do Dolphin Encounter

3:30-6:30 Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon. (I'd like to pay for this directly through DE as their cost is $85/person vs. Carnival's $109. Any drawbacks to this or other fees I need to consider?)

6:30-8:30 Atlantis "the dig" aquarium (Will this be open and free during this time?)

Thanks so much for any suggestions you can give!

My husband & I and 3-year old daughter are going to be in Nassau on a Tuesday in May from 11 AM to 10 PM. Here's what we'd like to do. Any suggestions on how to get from place to place, or on the activities, please share-- THANKS!

12:30 - 2:30: Ardastra zoo/gardens (or how much time is enough to spend here?)

2:30- head over to Paradise Island Ferry Terminal; to do Dolphin Encounter

3:30-6:30 Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon. (I'd like to pay for this directly through DE as their cost is $85/person vs. Carnival's $109. Any drawbacks to this or other fees I need to consider?)

6:30-8:30 Atlantis "the dig" aquarium (Will this be open and free during this time?)

Thanks so much for any suggestions you can give!

The Dig was open for free when went in January, at just past 6PM.....

We haven't tried Ardastra yet, but I would check their website, as you want to schedule your trip there around the Flamingo march and feeding of the Parrotts. (or was it Lorakeets?)

But the two main "shows" there is what everybody raves about and the website has the scheduled times for both.

I would definitely book ANY tours in Nassau (unless the time in port is ridiculouly short) on my own.

Everything is usually right there at the Welcome Center as you get off the ship, or just out the doors on the pier.

Bill

I was just looking at the Ardastra site last night. I believe the feeding is at 1:30 and the flamingo march at 2:00ish. So, your planned time is probably pretty good. Definitely leave enough time to get back to the dock for ferry to Paradise Island (which I believe is $3 per person each way) to catch dolphin encounter boat. You don't want to miss that after paying $85 per person.

For the dolphin encounter, be sure to book right away - or at least put your reservation request in right now. I inquired about reserving the swim. Got an email saying there were no spots left in the swim but there were some in the encounter. By the time I replied to say we'll take the encounter spots, they were gone too. By all accounts, this books up fast!

Thank you so much for the advice!

I'm wondering now if the day will be too packed and too much for my 3 year-old to handle?

I'm thinking we should just concentrate on the Dolphin Encounter (and do it at 1:30 instead of 3:30)? Is the Ardastra worth doing, or should we just save them for another trip? How about the Atlantis dig?

Thanks so much for any thoughts you can give...

Unfortunately, I've never been there (yet ... going in 2 weeks). Been reading a lot of reviews and asking a lot of questions, though. So, that's where my advice came from. Seems to me that when your ship arrives at 11am (which is what mine will do also), you pretty much have to focus in on the one thing that you REALLY want to do because you only have the afternoon to do it and it will take up the majority of your available time. The morning excursions are already in progress and most places close up around 5-6pm. The gardens sound nice but you might want to do as you said and focus on getting to the encounter and then going to Atlantis for the evening. Trying to squeeze something in before the encounter might get quite hectic, especially with a 3-yr old.

Thank you so much for the advice!

I'm wondering now if the day will be too packed and too much for my 3 year-old to handle?

I'm thinking we should just concentrate on the Dolphin Encounter (and do it at 1:30 instead of 3:30)? Is the Ardastra worth doing, or should we just save them for another trip? How about the Atlantis dig?

Thanks so much for any thoughts you can give...

The Garden is a great filler.. but I wouldn't risk missing the dolphins for it.

Transportation can't be counted on.. timewise. Somedays the traffic is brutal and a 10 minute ride can take 40..

Concentrate on getting to the Dolphin Encounter and save the rest for "free time".

• 2 weeks later...

Archived