good cruise book

pudgy

I picked up the Frommer's Guide to Caribbean Ports and found a lot of information in there, including walking tours for OSJ and lots of other interesting stuff. Of course ... lots of interesting stuff for ports I'm NOT going to this time ... which I'm sure will lead to a next time ... and a next time ... and a next time ...:p

If you already haven't, post this smae question over on one of the Eastern Caribbean Ports of Call forums. Look for one with a high viewing count and I'm sure you can get all sorts of suggestions from those folks.

Charlie

Interesting book about cruising: If I were not upon the sea -Under the Captain's Table, written by Joyce Gleeson-Adamidis, a ship captain's wife.

http://www.amazon.com/were-upon-under-captains-table/dp/0971422907/ref=sr_1_1/104-7792608-6339142?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1174747600&sr=1-1

It tells a lot about cruise ship life that you don't usually think of.

There's also a very informative book about cruise ships, not the ports, called the Berlitz Guide to Cruise Ships. In the front of the book, it has lots of information about cruising. The rest of the book is filled with reviews and information about all of the cruise ships. As far as port of call books go, I have several and if I had to pick a favorite, it would probably be the Lonely Planet Caribbean book.

There's also a very informative book about cruise ships, not the ports, called the Berlitz Guide to Cruise Ships. In the front of the book, it has lots of information about cruising. The rest of the book is filled with reviews and information about all of the cruise ships. As far as port of call books go, I have several and if I had to pick a favorite, it would probably be the Lonely Planet Caribbean book.

I own the Berlitz book also. Very good book--highly recommend it, and very inexpensive

Archived