Cave Tubing in Belize

PILGRIMS

We had a 4 year old with us. I would not recommend it though, even the 8 and 9 year old were scared. It is definately not something for young children and if I were to go again, I would say at least 12 because of safety concerns.

We've been twice with our kids, I think DS was 6 when we went the first time. No issues with being afraid or dangerous IMO, but it is very cold and sometimes even with the head lamps, quite dark. Last year he was 9 and we did cave tubing and zip-lining...fabulous!! They were planning to add on to the zip-line in the off season (last year). We went with tour guides that were really good and recommended on CC. How old is your child?

Shelly

We did this in February with cave-tubing.com and our youngest was 8. You can see video from their website about how they do the tubing. It was DD's favorite shore excursion and Richard carried her tube and put her in front so there wouldn't be pressure on her when the tubes are linked together. The water was a little cold but she loved it.

Barb

We went in January with DD age 8 and DS age 6. It was too far to walk for our 6 yr old; I had to carry him on my shoulders about half the distance. Our DD had no problem -- but she's really fit (on a gymnastics team). They were both fine on the trip, safety-wise. I asked them this morning if they liked it and DS said "no -- creepy". DD had about the same review, but it took her 10,000 words to get there. But, three months later they still remember it vividly, and I'm glad I took them.

My neighbors just returned from a week cruise last week with their 4 year old daughter and their 8 year old son. The four of them LOVED it!!!! The 4 year old sat in her dad's lap. They used Cave-tubing for the company. They all agree that was their favorite part of the cruise this time! Neither child was scared for a second, but i'm not sure my 5-year old wouldn't be scared. The two children are good friends, but very different. We're going next year and I'm already wondering how she'd do, but still planning on it.

Archived