Advice on the Triumph for over Feb. vacation.

Kay129

Hi,
Planning to take the Triumph to the Western Carib on 2/19 which is President's week. We have to travel then as my bf is a teacher and won't have time off besides then. Thanks to the help of this board, I was able to decide that is definitely when I want to go.

Airfare through Carnival is 401 from where I am which seems high to me. However my local airport doesn't have any airlines which fly right to Miami. ( I was hoping Southwest or Independence AIr would.) Should I go through Carnival considering it's a winter month and we might get hit with snow and then they have a responsibility to get me there? Or should I fly on my own a day early and sleep in a hotel in Miami?

Do prices drop much for vacation weeks or do they go up? I assume the ship will sell out?

I was looking for a thread that focused on going on a cruise during a school vacation week but couldn't find anything.

Last but not least: rants/raves for the Triumph as compared to the Conquest? That's my other choice but I'm really leaning toward the Triumph.

Sorry if this is all over the place, thanks for the help.

I always book my flight on my own b/c it's cheaper. I usually fly the day before - especially in the winter.

The last time I sailed out of Miami, I flew into Ft. Lauderdale - again b/c it's cheaper. There are lots of ways to get to Miami from FLL airport - it's about a 1/2 drive. I think we flew in the day of the cruise and used the cruise ship's bus from FLL to Miami port.

You're right, though, about using the ship's air arrangements - if your flight is delayed b/c of weather, they'll make sure you get to the ship. But, weather is a good reason to fly the day before.

I've seen numerous threads on these boards about transportation from FLL to Miami and back. Try a search. I think I saw some under the US ports section, too.

Whichever cruise you choose - have a wonderful time! :p

[quote name='Kay129']Hi,
Planning to take the Triumph to the Western Carib on 2/19 which is President's week. We have to travel then as my bf is a teacher and won't have time off besides then.
Do prices drop much for vacation weeks or do they go up? I assume the ship will sell out? [/QUOTE]
Be advised that in Carnival's brochure, it states that during peak travel times, they have the option of flying you in a day early or having you stay an extra day. If you BF is a teacher they may decide to fly you down on Friday which means he misses school that day. Unless things have changed, they provide the hotel for any forced overnights.

School vacation weeks are very popular thus pricing rarely drops as they have no problem selling cabins.

Archived