Anyone know about Carnival Conquest 12-14 program?

CarrieBl

I was unimpressed with the 12-14 year old program on the Paradise. They did a great job with the 2-5 and 6-8 programs but really dropped the ball for teens. They don't have a place of their own and they weren't taken to many of the fun activities. For instance, while the great magic show and comedian was on, they were putting toppings on a pizza when they weren't even hungry to eat what they were making.

I've read that the Conquest ship has more area for teens. Is this true? Does anyone have Camp Carnvial capers for the 12-14 group to share?

I've been researching for our next cruise and have notice that RCI has a dedicated area for 12-14s on some of their ships. I'd hate to have to jump ship, because we really enjoy Carnival, but it really was a bummer for my daughter. Luckily there was 1 girl in the program that she hooked up with and could explore the ship with by the end. It was a sold out sailing and there were only 15 12-14s at most in the group and it dwindled to 7 by the 3rd day. I think that says a lot about the quality. The 6-8's had 40 at the farewell party.

Thanks for your help!

Hi. I left you a message on the Carnival board. What I failed to mention is that you will find dwindling attendance with the older kids; their activites are more "pick and choose" instead of getting signed into the program for several hours at a time like the younger set. Some of the activities will be more popular than others. It is a shame that they missed some of the family friendly shows. Whether you decide to sail on Carnival or not, it's a good idea to go through the "camp" schedule so you can plan to attend a couple of shows as a family, if the kids group isn't planning on bringing them. The teen club on the Conqest (and other Carnival ships that have them) is for the 15-17 year olds (especially after 10pm), so that's when the 12-14 year old activites will wind down (unless they have a late night movie or activity planned). Sometimes, the younger kids are allowed into the club after 10pm (at the discretion of the counselor; probably depends on attendance too), but then you have the older teens leaving because the younger kids are there. So.............there are pros and cons to not sticking to the age limit. When my kids were in that age group, we just planned on meeting up at 10pm, getting some ice cream or pizza, hanging out on deck if something was happening, and then turning in for the night (we'd maybe watch a movie in the cabin). It gave the kids a chance to have some fun time with their friends after dinner, while my husband and I had time to take in the shows or go to the clubs.

Have fun with your plans.

Single parent here, and my first cruise was on the Conquest with my 14 yo son. He had a ball!!! In fact, other that the required (by mom) check in times, dinner every evening and leaving the ship for ports, I rarely saw him unless I ran into him with the other teens on board. Yes, they get to pick and choose their participation level with the kids programs, but they had so much fun, he wanted to miss nothing! He truly enjoyed formal dinners with me, but honestly couldn't wait to get back with the other teens and crew members in the teen program.

Hope this helps. Oh, and I spoke with some of the crew (security guys).....they DO keep an eye on what the kids are doing and don't hesitate to let the parents know when they're not behaving acceptably and of course, if there's a problem. My son and I had a discussion about following the rules onboard, and there was no question. He couldn't wait to book another one!

Yes, they get to pick and choose their participation level with the kids programs, but they had so much fun, he wanted to miss nothing! He truly enjoyed formal dinners with me, but honestly couldn't wait to get back with the other teens and crew members in the teen program.

That sounds like my boys on their first cruise. They would bring their schedule to dinner and all of a sudden, sometimes before dessert, get up because they had an "event" to attend! :)

Archived