Whale Watching in June?

Does any know if there is good whale watching in June? The boat offers an excursion, but obviously no guarantee. My kids would love to see some wildlife...any suggestions? We are planning to kayak a few times, so we are hoping to get some wildlife on that trip.

If you are looking for whale watching tours in Vancouver there are a couple of places you can check.

There is a tour out of Vancouver proper...check with Tourism Vancouver web site.

There are also a couple of operators based in Steveston which is about 30-40 min. trip by car from downtown that offer whale watching and, according to them, have sighting rates in the 90% range for whales. This in my opinion would be the best one to look at. Steveston is a fishing community with lots of history...a large museum built in one of the original canneries is a highlight...but the community also offers great shopping and dining. This is a very worthwhile excursion!

You should be aware though that these excursions run about 3-5 hours...so they are prwetty much a day type tour.

Tom:)

• 2 weeks later...

I too am interested in any details regarding whale watching in June, only we will be crusing the RCCL from Baltimore to Halifax and back. I have thought of taking an excursion either thru RCCL or on my own but wasn't sure if whales are even in this area during that time of the year. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Usually, the whales sit at the mouth of the Sagenauy River, which usually means that the cruise must head into Quebec city. I'm not sure about whale watching along the bay of Fundy or near the Halifax/Cape Breton area. Sorry.

Archived