Review of "NEW WATERPAK" Aquadventure

SORRY FOR THE GOOFED UP TITLE, I AM STILL EXHAUSTED.

We just returned last night from a week long stay at the Comfort Suites/Atlantis! We are exhausted. They have made the place enourmous with the new area! But it is SOOO COOOLLLL!:D

The new tower, The Cove, was not opened yet, so I am sure the crowds will grow, however, in this new section it was so uncrowded and peaceful-and this was Spring Break week, too. They have lots of towel huts, and food places spread throughout as well. Each had a little different food.

One had pizza's and another had burgers, so if you have differents wants check each place out first to find the type of food you desire.

I will start with the LAZY RIVER, or as we called it the CRAZY river! It was the most fun of the entire place! It has many "rapids" and several slow spots which entertained us all. You must sit in a tube with your legs hanging over the edge, or they blow a whistle at you. So remember to sunscreen your knees, as our were burned.

Depending on where you start on the river, there is a conveyer belt you sit in your tube on and it sends you on your way. You can either go to the rapids or the current from here. The current is a short cut, per say, and can hurt your bottom is you dont sit up higher in your tube. It is very narrow and quick. The rapids are pretty intense and if you are not careful you get a face full of water and/or dump out of your tube...this happened to me becuase I pulled my feet in to my chest to sit. (to avoid scraping my legs/feet on the rough rocks) This way also leads to the power tower, which has 2 tube rides and one w/o a tube ride. I did the tube rides and my husband did the other as well. He said it was fun, but had some pretty steep quick drops. You end up in an aquarium underground which he thought was fantastic.

The whole trip if you go the rapids way, w/o the tower, takes about 30 - 35 minutes. It was never crowded either.

Next, the Cove Pool was nice and they pump in heated water, even though the pool didnt feel too warm, you could always find a jet blowing the warm water to the sides. It had a few waterfalls that were neat, too.

The kids play area was totally awesome! You are supposed to be under 54 inches to play, but I dont recall how many kids were turned away. We were able to walk on the outside of it and play a little, but not use the slides. It was extremely crowded by mid morning. There are not too many chairs in this area, either.

The beach area was very nice as it is a cove and the waves were less violent than down the beach. We were able to snorkel and see several fish. The water was a little cloudy though.

Finally, they were/are only operating Dolphin Cay partway.

They are not doing the swims yet, just the touch/play with the dolphins. Even if you are not signed up there is a tiny area to stand and watch. They have a eating place with about 4- 5 tables if you want to do lunch. There is an indoor area with electronic things to do. We sent all our freinds free email postcards. They have videos with lots of information playing and skeletons of different animal heads to see.

All in all this area made our stay the BEST! We felt like we were in a whole different world on this side of Atlantis. It was both peaceful and relaxing. We always found the best location to sit and chairs with umbrellas on them. There are attendents all over helping you with dry towels or bringing you drinks/food. Make sure you dont miss this wonderful addition to Atlanits! :)

Thanks for the update! We will be at Atlantis one week from today, looking forward to it very much. Do you have to pay extra to swim/play with the dolphins?

Tracy

yes it does cost extra and requires reservations, not sure how much however they are only doing the play they are not allowing you to swim with them yet. You stand in the water and pet them and watch them do tricks.

Thanks for the Review, Do you know if there is a Website for this Waterpark? I might have to Cancel my other excursion and Do this instead as you made it sound so Fun and Exciting:D

it was a blast!

you can get a day room at the comfort suites and use the Atlantis pools or you can go direct and book a room with atlantis as well. whichever is cheaper. up to 4 in a room.

Lakeman - the website for the new waterpark is www.atlantis.com. Click on their "Site Menu" and look for "Aquaventure" in the list. We will be there in 3 weeks and staying at the new addition "The Cove". We've been to the Atlantis before and just loved it!!! If you haven't been, it is definitely worth seeing (staying there is even better!)

I have to add my two cents. We just got back too and LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a beautiful and clean place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The lazy river part was the best! SUNCREEN YOUR FEET LIKE MAD! I did mine but my three guys didnt and they were burnt really bad on their feet and knees. We laughed and screamed all day long, it was one of the best days we have ever had! Loved everything about it! The boys played in the water/ocean on the beach as well as in the lazy river. The one slide that you shoot through was really wild. The shark tube ride was great also. IT WAS SO WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

how much was it to get in Aquaadventure?

You have to be a guest of the Atlantis or it's sister properties in order to get into the waterpark.

Most folks rent a room at Atlantis or the Comfort Suites (which has guest priveliges) .. each room allows up to 4 ppl access to the waterpark.

Archived