Bathing Suit for Rio

caazcruzin

Any suggestions for a 50 y.o. with (if I do say so myself) a decent body, but I don't really want to wear a bikini and I don't want to stand out on the beach as an "outsider" either. You know the kind of suits that are worn in Rio! Any suggestions or observations from those of you who have been there would be appreciated!

While "rio cut" suits worn topless are pretty much "normal" they are not the only things worn. Wear what you are comfortable in. Standing out isn't so much a matter of how you dress as much as how you react to the way others are dressed.

Here is a link to Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-string

We have friends in Brazil, they say anything is possible. Toppless is not the norm, however tiny bottoms are. They like the bottom (bunda).

Here are two sites for swimwear.

www.salinasswimwear.com these can be bought in the states.

www.litoralbrazil.com these are from brazil

we have had our friends send swimwear from brazil. The bottoms are tinier than in the states. Do a search on google for brazilian suits etc. you will find out that all ages wear the skimpier suits. It is Brazil. However, it is your attitude and comfort that is improtant here. you will only be there a short while you should enjoy it any way that is comfortable for you.

You can anything you want in Rio. On the public beaches I didn't see any topless women, that's probably more common at private clubs. However, I did see most of the Brazillian women wearing thong bikini's, even the plump 200 pound ladies.

Rio is high crime, be very, very careful.

Archived