any problems getting first tender on princess with a private excursion

beaner24

I was wondering if anyone recently booked a private excursion and if they were able to get off the ship first easily. I have read other threads and see mixed messages with how other shipshave handled it, How does Princess deal with this?

It depends on the port. Some tender ports make use of very large locally-based boats that make it much easier for independent passengers to get off the ship early. When ship's tenders are being used, there might be more of a wait.

At which port are you booking your private excursion?

If you have booked a full suite, OR are Elite in the Captain's Circle, then there shouldn't be a problem. But if you are not, then ships tours normally have priority for the first few tenders. I would not count on being in one of the first tenders ashore for a private exursion.

Having a third party tour excursion will not get you any priority in getting a tender ticket. That being said, and assuming you are on a grand class ship, if one of your party arrives early at the Explorere Lounge and waits down by the stage area, you will probably get a ticket on one of the first few tenders. This will probably be early enough.

Is the explorer longe an area where you need to go to get tender tickets all the time or is this an insider tip?

I'm sorry to sound so dumbfounded by all of this but I haven't had these issues in cruising in the past and I have not cruised in over 10 years.

I truly appreciate all of your ideas and information.

I believe we have a full suite. So does that mean I will have "priority" tickets?

If you indeed have a full suite booked (mini suites are not included in this category), then yes, you will be given priority tender tickets and can be on the first or one of the first tenders over.

Belize isn't a problem most of the time even if you don't have priority tickets. They use local tenders there. Just have your group up and ready to go. The Princess Patter, which is delivered nightly to your cabin, will list the scheduled tender times and have instructions for independent travelers. Good luck!

I've tendered twice, once in Grand Cayman, once in Belize. Both of those times we were on one of the first tenders, if not the first. Seems like there tends to be a tender or two before they have the ship tours ready to go, so if you're at whatever the designated spot is for picking up the tender ticket, it seems like it's not hard to get off the ship right away, even if you aren't in a suite. But like I said, I've only had to do it twice.

i have always been on the 1st tender going out, even when I didn't have priority...

i just get to wheelhouse lounge or wherever tickets are given out 30-45 minutes before they say to show up.

if I want off bad enough I just got up super early...

Belize isn't a problem most of the time even if you don't have priority tickets. They use local tenders there. Just have your group up and ready to go. The Princess Patter, which is delivered nightly to your cabin, will list the scheduled tender times and have instructions for independent travelers. Good luck!

Once again, Rob gives good advice. Princess uses larger local boats to get people ashore in Belize, and we had no wait at all...we just walked up to where the crew was giving out boarding tickets, got four, and got right on...no lines. I believe they were boarding two tenders simultaneously, and it only takes about ten minutes to get to the pier. We did Yhony's cave tubing, and everything went smoothly.

We were on the first tender into Belize last week. We arrived in the Michaelangelo dining room about 6:55am. The tenders were suppose to start running at 7. They started a couple of minutes late but everyone who was in the dining room by 7:10 got on the tender. It was pretty big.

Why bother so much to be the first off the ship? The independent shore excursions tours will wailt for those on their list, even if they are on the last tender with tender tickets. They don't want to lose any business.

You either wait aboard the ship with your tender tickets, or wait ashore.

Archived