Well that's interesting...

rnvattes

I was going to ask the same thing but I was able to save the link before closing the page so if you want it send me your email addy I can forward you the link. I am not sure if Cruise Critics pulled it for some reason and I do not want to get in trouble for re- posting it.

I looked for it also, in vain.

Under a different title it is on HAL. Something like: WOW-What a rough ride, thread started by "patval".

I put the link in a response on the Oceania thread, under the Trans-Atlantic thread started by "ricki".

Went back for it, and here it is: http://www.glumbert.com/media/cyclonecruise. Good luck.

i did a search for 'voyager cruise ship in typhoon valencia' and found a blurb that said this:

2005: Mediterranean, February 14, 2005, The cruise ship Grand Voyager encountered Force 11 gale and ferocious waves up to 50 feet high, knocked out electric power, stopped the engine, and the ship was left helplessly adrift

uh, yikes! :eek:

i did a search for 'voyager cruise ship in typhoon valencia' and found a blurb that said this:

2005: Mediterranean, February 14, 2005, The cruise ship Grand Voyager encountered Force 11 gale and ferocious waves up to 50 feet high, knocked out electric power, stopped the engine, and the ship was left helplessly adrift

uh, yikes! :eek:

Great...and I have plans to cruise the Med in 08.....

well, hopefully your captain knows how to not 'encounter' force 11 winds and sea. i kinda wonder how you happen to encounter that?

i am sure you will have a good time and hope no rouge waves find you!

Really horrible weather in the Med is rare in summer.

If you know how to read pilot charts, here's a great link:

http://www.nga.mil/portal/site/maritime/?epi_menuItemID=a633978aca46a1625b2a7fbd3227a759&epi_menuID=35ad5b8aabcefa1a0fc133443927a759&epi_baseMenuID=e106a3b5e50edce1fec24fd73927a759

Archived