QM2 - Children's Program?

smallads

One particular question that I don't seem to find any info on is if there is much of a children program and if kids have much to do?
We have two girls 10 and 12 yrs and wonder if you can give us any feedback on how a family might fare? It seems that the original QM2 problems are being corrected. The head of Carnival is on top of things. I'm am sure all the "problems" will get straightened out. But I would like to know if any families out there have sailed and your experiences, thank you. We have been on many cruises, just got back from RCL Navigator, total fun, too much to do, super for kids, food only fair. Chops was fair to good. We also sailed QE2, Queens Grill w/o kids. That was elegant and superb cuisine. We chose the QM2 before the reviews started. We're hoping for the best. How's the kids club? Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks, Stephanie, Long Island NY

Not one response but lots of lookers. Now I'm really nevous. Can't someone mention something about kids and kids activities on QM2. My kids are really the kind that "everybody" likes. 2 polite and RESPECTFUL beautiful girls. Any word would be appreciated. PLEASE. We need a hola. I'm bringing them for 2 weeks in Dec and don't want them to hate me. Thanks. Stephanie K., NY

The only thing I can tell you is that the few children I saw on board QE2 seemed to love the children's program. If you are traveling at a time when most children are not, i.e not during the summer, I think your kids will get personal attention and will have a good time. I was impressed that several times I overheard children about the same age as your talk about what fun they were having. I had expected that kids this age would not like a children's program, but apparently they did. The children's room on QM2, at least from the photos looks very well equipped.

smallads, we took our 13 & 8 yr old on the crossing to NYC. The kids club is fine for the younger kids [up to 12], but not so much for the teens. Lots of X-boxes, acitivities, games, crafts, nice rooms with disco [the staff proudly show off the equipment, which is apparently better than the main disco gear on QE2] , lovely pool area, weather permitting, kids tea from 5-6.. I have a flyer, I will scan for you, and will give you all the gen in a couple of days when I have finished the washing/ironing etc[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] or mail me direct.
Pam

Pam

Archived