New to Celebrity-Formal Night Question

BellaCruiser

How formal are the formal nights? We enjoy dinner and dancing and dressing up. Have just switched from Princess to Celebrity since we enjoy cruising in a traditional way. So any of you well traveled Celebrity folks that can help with this question, please do.

Have a ball! Dress up as much as you like and you won't feel at all uncomfortable. Celebrity does seem to attract a crowd to whom dressing up appeals. My hubby eventually went out and bought a tux and uses it enough that it was a sensible investment. Expect lots of women in long black dresses. I've seen so many of those on Celebrity that I've started taking anything I have in lime green, hot pink, turquoise and plenty of sequins. Hubby and I are making the reverse switch, doing our first Princess this fall after many Celebrity cruises. Anxious to see how the two compare. Enjoy!

Most people dress very formally on Celebrity. You will be right at home in a nice gown and Tux. Celebrity seems to be a bit more formal than either HAL or Princess. I guess by that I mean, you won't see as many people dressed in "Sunday Best" type clothes. The jewels and sparkles really come out on formal nights. I love that atmosphere - most of us don't have much other opportunity to wear evening dress (maybe once or twice a year during the Holidays).

Archived