Pack for 7 whole days or do laundry?

wework2play

Well, I would think that with the warmer weather we could pack light and wear the same sun dresses or shorts a couple times.

BTW, what are the restrictions on luggage, I am aware of the airlines. How does this differ from the cruise lines?

Dennis

There aren't any weight restrictions for the cruise.

We drive to the port in Florida, so DW packs a travel bag that has clothes for road trip that is left in car. On a 7 day cruise generally pack 3 shorts 2 bathing suits 2 slacks 7 golf type shirts 3 sport shirts 8 changes of under clothes and what ever I need for formal night. DW packs about the same but washes bras(doesn't own that many). Generally ,unless I get really klutzy can wear shorts at least twice and on sea days may not wear any thing but swimsuit with t-shirt.:D Bill

I just noticed on this thread that the luggage has to be locked before it goes on board. Is this correct? My luggage has a lock but I have lost the key, does this mean I have to go buy new luggage? I leave Sunday for my Honeymoon on the Pride. :eek:

I just noticed on this thread that the luggage has to be locked before it goes on board. Is this correct? My luggage has a lock but I have lost the key, does this mean I have to go buy new luggage? I leave Sunday for my Honeymoon on the Pride. :eek:

If you are flying you need TSA approved locks.. but we use the plastic hand cuffs.. just make sure you pack something in an outside pocket of the luggage to cut them off.. it is recommended to lock your bags at the cruise port.. you dont have to if you are flying.

Well, I would think that with the warmer weather we could pack light and wear the same sun dresses or shorts a couple times.

BTW, what are the restrictions on luggage, I am aware of the airlines. How does this differ from the cruise lines?

Dennis

The warmer the weather the more clothes I need. I wouldn't think of wearing something twice that I had been sweating in....yuck!

Sometimes the dryers take awhile to get your load dry. Nothing wrong with not having dirty underwear laying around all week. Walmart or Target have travel size detergent so you don't have to buy the one on the ship. I prefer to do a load or two if I have the time on the ship.

There are two things that I will not do on vacation one is cook and the other is laundry. I'm on vacation to get away from those things. I do not pack light. I usually take 2-3 outfits per day. I'd rather my suitcase be a little heavy than be in a laundry room. Plus, summer clothes are light and not bulky.

Archived