Sunny Liston Island Tour

villa10

:) Has anyone taken the Sunny Liston St. Thomas tour? Testamonials on his website give rave reviews, but it is his website. What is everyone's opinion? His tour is $25; Carnival tour is $39. If you book this online before arriving how reliable is it or might you get stood up at the pier? Any ionformation would be appreciated.

We went on Sunny's tour the first of February. I won't give you a "rave" review. It was good. Worth the $25. But spectacular...no. He had someone else pick us up at the ship and dropped us off downtown for the shopping. We opted for the 2 hours. Unfortunately by the time we got down there we only had about 1:15 left. So if you are interested at all in shopping go with the 3 hours. At noon we met Sunny and his wife for the tour. We were not able to get on Sunny's truck and had to settle for his wifes. She followed Sunny up the mountain and of course stopped where he stopped and he did all the talking. The stops were more less scenic lookouts. Mountaintop had shops, but we had little time to look. We only had about 20 minutes there. After leaving Mountaintop we went to Sapphire Beach. Some went back to the ship and others stayed on the beach for two hours. I stayed on the beach. Sunny had us meet him in the parking lot at 4:15 and this time I did get to ride with him. His truck is newer and nicer and he plays music and sings....although neither of these things were all that important to me they might be to you. There were 7 ships in port that day and the traffic was really bad to get back to the ship. Sunny dropped off those going to Havensight first and then took the few remaining back to Crown Bay. I ended up getting back to Crown Bay at 5:10 and the last boarding was at 5:30. Too close for my comfort.

As I said, it was a "nice" tour and worth the money, but not outstanding.

I was a little apprehensive to take this tour due to some of the feedback on these boards. I am glad that I took a leap of faith! This was a great tour! We were the only couple on taking the tour from The Sun Princess. We opted for the 3 hours of shopping...well, I did...my husband was in the dark about that decision..LOL! Sunny's wife Angela picked us up right on time and drove us downtown to shop. St. Thomas has AWESOME jewlery! Sunny had all groups meet at a parking lot across from the jewlery store where we were dropped off at noon- no waiting, again, we left on time. Sunny gave us a highlight tour of St. Thomas and stopped at quite a few incredible look out points. The views would take your breath away. Sunny played very up beat music and you couldn't help but sing along. He was very informative and made the tour a lot of fun. You had your choice of beaches...Cokie was the first stop, Sapphire Beach then Megan's Bay. We opted for Sapphire Beach because we were told it was less crowded and had decent snorkeling. This beach was BEAUTIFUL. Not very crowded but pristine and exactly what you want from a Caribbean beach! We had 2 hours at the beach then Sunny picked us back up and took everyone back to their ships. As we pulled up to each ship, the entire bus was singing and people were looking at us because we were having so much fun! You will not be disappointed with this tour...a great value for your money and it will leave you with wonderful memories of St. Thomas. You can't go wrong with Sunny Liston!!! Have a great Trip!!

• 2 weeks later...

Jill....My mom and I are booked on this tour for Sept. What time did you guys dock in St Thomas? 8am? We dock at 8am and we thought about doing the 9am tour but we want to make sure we have time to get through customs and off the ship by 9am.

Thanks!

We did the same tour -- ony with Godfrey. He was very pleasant and professional and aware of the time and our comfort. Safe driver too.

We've been to many of the beaches and recommend Magan's Bay hands down. (Also Trunk Bay if going over to St. John)

Not private unless you have 25 to book the whole truck as we did!! Had an absolutely fantastic time with Sunny!! Great tour, cool lookout spots, jammin' music you will be singing to. Our group said this was the best time we'd had on an excursion. Check out my avatar picture, that's the crew in front of Sunny's truck.

Archived