Info on Courtyard Marriott Cocoa Beach please?

sharecruises

Hi...

well....I had booked the Residence Inn, super reviews...but...I am thinking to switch to the Courtyard...

I will ONLY do Marriott cause I have gift card and a "credit' towards the room....have about $200 to spend..

my reasons to book Courtyard is that they have lounge/restaurant...can spend the money there...as Marriott sent me a "gift card" to replace a certificate I had...the gift card spends like cash

Residence Inn is higher priced...but has no restaurant...and I would have to get to the Cove at the Port....take cabs as I do not wish to drive.

Courtyard is not on the beach but a short walkway leads to beach, Residence is not near beach, again must drive...

Courtyard gives me 10 pts for ALL $$ spent...Residence gives me 5 pts...on room only...

with Courtyard I will have enough points for another room...yipppee :)

Unless someone has some "horror" story I think I would do better at Courtyard...I realize that Residence is nearer, and newer....but I am not driving far to get here anyhow, live in Florida...and I want to be able to use my "gift card" best way.

Both offer free parking, $3 to port from Residence, $5 from Courtyard, per person each way...but at Courtyard I can use the gift card for this but NOT at residence inn

Other hotels, tho I hear are nice, ie, Raddison, Country Inn...are NOT an option for me as I have to use this credit/card up or eventually lose it. I have already had Marriott "reissue" it to me LOL

ANY info on Courtyard appreciated...how was the bar/pool/restaurant?

Food?? Anything good/bad/ideas appreciated...thanks

We stayed at the Hampton Inn next door. Hampton Inn had some agreement with the Mariott Courtyard for use of their dining facilities. I had the best margarita from the bar when we ate dinner there. As we were finishing up a pretty good dinner the waiter from the bar came by our table with not very small cups of more margarita and told us they were "leftovers" I've been trying to find a margarita as good ever since with no luck (fun trying though!)

The beach is a short walk. We used the shuttle to the pier from the Hampton Inn $5 per person each way. We did take a taxi to Grills for dinner, cost about $11 each way. If I can answer any other question ask.

Thanks so much Virginia :) The bar sounds like a plan LOL, I can always order in some food or just try the stuff there, I have to "use or lose" this gift cert

I am getting excited....May is getting closer :)

Great to hear ideas for the Courtyard !!

• 2 weeks later...

I am a Marriott Silver Elite member. There really seems to be pros and cons to both. We stayed 2 weeks ago at the Residence inn there. It was nice - large room and free breakfast. We had a car so we drove to Grills and Rustys for dinners. It is walking distance though to Kelseys Italian restaurant. Courtyards really vary by owner - if it has a restaurant/bar that is always nice too! Either way you can't go wrong

Archived