Princess held a Cruise Critic meeting on the CB

CCSSDRC

In the 3/20/07 princess Patter on the CB a Cruise Critic meeting was listed for 3:00 pm at Crooners if memory serves me correctly. One of the attendees explained what a nice job Norwegian did for Cruise Critic members and convinced one of the staff to supply two bottles of champagne for the meeting.

I do not understand why Princess does not do this on a regular basis as many Cruise Critic members are enthusiastic customers (heck I put a deposit on two future cruises last week).

I do not know who convinced Princess to have the Cruise Critic meeting but I think it was that squeaky wheel thing.

Only a few people attended. I suspect no one was expecting it and did not look for it.

I've been to Cruise Critic meetings on both Golden Princess and Regal Princess.

They have usually been pre-arranged by a member working with the Cruise staff. I am told that Princess does have a coordinator who will arrange these meetings, but I don't recall the e-mail address nor name of contact.

One problem with putting in in the Patter is that invariably a non-member will come, thinking it to be a "bitch session" about perceived shortcomings of that particular cruise, and it is sometimes difficult to convince them otherwise!

Some CD's will do it, others don't. I attended one on Grand Princess where my wife and I were the only attendees who knew what Cruise Critic was all about. The other two couples who showed up both thought it was a complaint session and left when they found out it was supposed to be a social gathering.

Archived