Formal Wear???

brneyemomma

Don't be. Your answer should have been "God is everywhere". But then again, what any of this has to do with dressing befuddles me.

how about this lets not get religous on this site I guess i opened a can of worms sorry its been along week for me my mother in laws was diagnosed with kidney failure and on Saturday i put my mom in the hospital and she is not good. Sometimes what happens on myhome front reflects my reactiosn to things. Please forgive me.

I do know this though we will be dressed up for the cruise but not in tux and gowns but something nice.

PS ladies Kmart has these jackie smith desgin pants that are dressy and light weight i got a pr an i love them . I got a lot of cmpliments at Church yesterday about how nice they look. they come in all colors. Goin back to get some more.

I know I can't wait to see my son in a shirt and tie with black pants. He won't have a jacket, but that's ok I feel. He will be wearing sneakers, please don't start yelling at me. He's autistic and hates wearing shoes. It's not easy finding shoes for wide feet, either. I'd rather have him wear sneakers than have him upset. He's not fond of ties or button down shirts, but he is ok with that. At first I had a polo shirt for him, but I decided to buy him a beautiful blue shirt and tie. His first tie, too. :o

I know I can't wait to see my son in a shirt and tie with black pants. He won't have a jacket, but that's ok I feel. He will be wearing sneakers, please don't start yelling at me. He's autistic and hates wearing shoes. It's not easy finding shoes for wide feet, either. I'd rather have him wear sneakers than have him upset. He's not fond of ties or button down shirts, but he is ok with that. At first I had a polo shirt for him, but I decided to buy him a beautiful blue shirt and tie. His first tie, too. :o

I am sure he will look very nice. Having him be at easy is the best way to go!

Catlady, for what it's worth, even though I am not a "Blue Ribbon Cruiser" with over 5,000 posts, I think your solution is fine.

Linda

Must have been posting simultaneously. I withdraw my nastiness comment, since the poster I was quoting manned up and apologized.

I'm sure he'll look very nice and be very proud of it! Special circumstances require some leeway.

I have a 9 year old granddaughter with autism, so I am used to the comments/looks that others make/give when we are out in public, but it does not deter us from taking her places and enjoying life. People that have never dealt with autism first hand have no idea what it entails and therefore make ignorant comments. Autistic children have a lot of sensory issues, and changing their routine can create havoc. I'm glad to see that catlady1971 is taking her son to the dining room on Formal Night. I'm sure he will be handsome dressed in his dress pants, shirt and tie, and sneakers. I applaud you for taking your son on a cruise and experiening all that is offered.

I hope to do a family cruise in the near future with our grandkids, and I know there is no way my autistic granddaughter will wear a dress, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

We are sorry, Mr. Jump is unable to take your call right now as he is currently in the penalty box.

He will return your call when he can.

HE'S BACK:D

Signed,

DuckJob.

Mizzed ya! :D :D

Why thank you Pete. Not sure how much I'll be on here today though...have to go see the parole officer don'tchaknow.:eek:

The way I see it, some poeple will be formal, some not. Who cares, just give me another drink and soem tasy food lol. This is obviously a debate that could go on til the end of time.

I dont consider myself classy by any means. Im a slob, my girl picks up after me and for casual day at work I wear jeans and ecko t-shirts hahha. But I do plan to get a new suit, not a tux, but a new suit for this occasion. Personally Im not a fan of tuxedos but i love a very nice suit lol

pants tie and nice shirt is good for him and your dress is fine too I just got back from a Conquest trip paid 300.00 for a dang dress I never used and just returned it. It is not like a new year party all dressed up or no tux needed i would say it would be more like going to church dressed style.

Conquest March 25 to April 1 2007

The way I see it, some poeple will be formal, some not. Who cares, just give me another drink and soem tasy food lol. This is obviously a debate that could go on til the end of time.

I dont consider myself classy by any means. Im a slob, my girl picks up after me and for casual day at work I wear jeans and ecko t-shirts hahha. But I do plan to get a new suit, not a tux, but a new suit for this occasion. Personally Im not a fan of tuxedos but i love a very nice suit lol

Classy and having class are two different things... I think a suit or sport coat is more than acceptable.

We like tuxes/formal wear but thats just us.

Have to agree...

No matter what you wear you need to feel comfortable...

If you don't like to get dressed up no one will think any less of you... I have chosen not to put on a suit or a tux on formal night on our last cruise... we went out and had a good buffet on the lido deck.

Even for that I put on a polo shirt and kahkis... the only thing that saddened me was that some poor soul was trying to pick a fight with the Matire'D who was wearing almost the same thing as I was and was being refused entry into the dining room.

My wife and I love to get dressed up but thats just us...

If someone gives you a hard time just remember that you are there to have fun... if you don't want to get dressed up, don't... if you want to experience formal night... as they say in my "neck of the woods" "get gussied up" and have a great time.

Archived