Cruiseship "parking"

Lefty888

Just wondering.. with St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and Nassau..what side does the ship dock on, left or right? I know in St. Thomas is the right side of the ship that docks against the port.. or "ports against the dock"....but wondering about the other two...we are on the starboard side. Starbird? storeboard?.. I dunno..the "right" side..

In St. Thomas and in Sint Maarten both, we docked on the starboard side. But that's not set in stone, I've seen ships in Havensight (St. Thomas) facing the other way and in Sint Maarten, ships can dock on either side of a 900m long pier. We were directly across the pier from a Princess ship when we were there two weeks ago.

Right equals starboard, left equals port. St Thomas, usually the starboard is next to the pier (but not always). Nassau, ships usually back in, but it doesn't matter because the only thing you can see from the ship, is another ship, unless you happen to get the berth nearest town. St Maarten, 50/50 chance that the ship will pull in vs back in. Bottom line, you cannot predict with any accuracy.

disembarked on the starborad side..atboth ports...

At St.Thomas....I have one recomendation....if you pull out like we did at Sunset....go to the Lido deck, and remember your camera. As we pulld out from St. Thomas, all the lights in the city came on and it was one of the most incredible sights I have ever seen!!

Archived