Crazy Question I Know-Waffles?

bonniemari

Most of my adult life I have never been much of a breakfast eater. Can't face food first thing in the morning. Anyway we went to a wonderful Sunday Brunch at a New Orleans style restaurant here in Memphis last month and my friend wanted me to split one of the huge waffles with her. Well needless to say I am now hooked on waffles (with strawberries on top). NOt being a breakfast person I have never noticed if they have a waffle station. Going on the Fantasy next month and I have been dreaming about waffles on board the ship. Crazy I know but what can I say!!!!!!

I know they have pancakes cause my DH has had them but what about a waffle station or do they serve them in the dining room for breakfast?

I'm not a breakfast eater at all, i know they say it's the most important meal of the day but i just can't do it, makes me feel yucky the rest of the say.

I like to eat breakfast for dinner and whe i have waffles, they must have peanut better on top:)

Anyway, yes, i have seen waffles being served on the ship, and they do have peanut butter:p

Waffles are available in the dining room, not the buffet.

The buffet alternates pancakes and french toast.

Consider for a moment the number of waffle makers that would be required to keep the buffet stocked.

Bonnie - Since you said those waffles were big, I'm wondering if you had Belgian waffles? They're not thin like regular waffles, and they're square, about 1.5" thick, very very light.

I've had the Belgian waffles only once in the dining room, served more like a dessert at lunch - w/strawberries and whipped cream. Excellent.:)

FYI - Celebrity has Belgian waffles (the big thick ones, not to be confused with regular much flatter waffles) with various fruit toppings, whipped cream, and syrup. They are absolutely wonderful! They are at an aft station every morning, with usually three irons going.

I'm with you...wondering. I've always seen pancakes, but not waffles on the b'fast menu. Only once, when I had trouble deciding what to have, the waiter asked if I'd like a waffle. Voila! - two regular waffles appeared!:) That was on one of my Holiday cruises.

I haven't seen waffles... but I probably wouldn't eat them on the ship, I would imagine they would be more like Eggo waffles :p LOL I don't eat them often, but when I do, I like a GOOD waffle!!! OP, if you had real waffles, be careful of buffet style waffles... they are NOT the same :eek:

wow, im not a big breakfast person either. I never eat it unless i am on vacation. Ill eat some breakfast foods, but usually later in the day lol.

But belgian waffles are great. You're making me want one now.

FYI - Celebrity has Belgian waffles (the big thick ones, not to be confused with regular much flatter waffles) with various fruit toppings, whipped cream, and syrup. They are absolutely wonderful! They are at an aft station every morning, with usually three irons going.

You're right.....Celebrity has the BEST waffles! NCL had a waffle and pancake station and their waffles were horrid. Haven't seen any on the Legend (unless the dining room had them........we didn't go there for breakfast)

No, GC, really the ones I had on the Holiday were very good, and freshly made from batter. You can definitely tell the difference.:) They tasted like the ones I make from scratch at home.

The was a breakfast menu from the dining room floating around on here. It listed Belgian waffles with various topping choices. I don't know if it's up to date but if I find it, I'll bump it for you.

BREAKFAST DINING ROOM MENU

Fruit:

Grapefruit half

Banana melon (in season)

Orange and grapefruit sections

Baked apples

Stewed prunes

Chilled Juices:

Orange

Grapefruit

Pineapple

Apple

Tomato

Prune

Cereals

Corn flakes Frosted Flakes

Special K Corn Pops

All Bran Raisin Bran

Cocoa Krispies Granola

Wheat Minis Rice Krispies

Bran Flakes Corn Flakes

Crispix Cruncheroos

Fruit Loops Smart Start

Smacks Hot Cream of Wheat

Hot Oatmeal Hominy Grits

Plain, strawberry or peach yogurt

Breakfast Entrees

Smoked Salmon with cream cheese and toasted bagel

Daily Breakfast Special

Eggs Benedict

Omelets

Boiled, fried. Scrambled or poached eggs

Buttermilk pancakes or Belgian waffles (available served with bananas, strawberries, blueberries, syrup, honey or cream)

French toast with Cinnamon sugar

On the Side

Corned beef hash

Sliced ham

Hash browns

Link sausage

From The Bakery

Danish

Croissants

Muffins

Plain and raisin English muffins

Bagels

White, whole wheat or rye toast

Beverages

Idea, hot and herbal teas

Milk

Skim milk

Chocolate milk

Coffee (regular or decaf)

Hot chocolate

I like the breakfast on Carnival in the buffet and dining room, but some of the best meals at sea I've had been Celebrities breakfast. On their buffet they make Belgian Waffles while you wait and our absolutely incredible! They serve them with any combination of toppings: Blueberry, Strawberry, raspberry, butter, syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, powdered sugar, and whipped cream! My kids and I mad that a daily ritual and it rivaled any breakfast I've ever had. Sadly It's not worth changing cruise lines for.

On the Liberty buffet last week they had pre made waffles stacked at the end of the isle not even under a heat lamp :(

Bonnie - Since you said those waffles were big, I'm wondering if you had Belgian waffles? They're not thin like regular waffles, and they're square, about 1.5" thick, very very light.

I've had the Belgian waffles only once in the dining room, served more like a dessert at lunch - w/strawberries and whipped cream. Excellent.:)

Cotton-they were Belgian Waffles-very thick (thats why we split one) and they were served with strawberries and real whipped cream-yum!!

Archived