Ideas for a practical joke...

Bcurley

My friend and co-worker is getting married and will be on the valor. We work for a software company and at one of the port's of call we have a major customer and pain in the neck. I'm going to get the purser to deliever a message that their system is down and we need him to go there and get them back up!

Of course his wife is in on it.

My mother has a fondness for putting confetti in EVERY package she mails to someone, and it's such a pain to pick it up off of everything it touches. One visit a few years ago, I decided to get her back for all the times it drove me nuts. I collected gobs of confetti, and when I arrived at her house I generously sprinkled it about the inside of her bed, her dresser (especially the undie drawer :eek: ), and any drawer I could get my hands on. She of course quietly collected as much as she could, and sprinkled it about my suitcase. We ended up going to the beach for the weekend so I hadn't used up my stash and I proceeded to put it all over her bed in the hotel. It went round and round my entire week long visit, and it was always funny to see where it would end up next. I fixed her a nice bagel and cream cheese for breakfast one morning...with confetti in the middle.

The other idea is to order drinks to be sent to one of them from a "person at the bar" (you'd have to get someone to go along with it), but do it at every meal, and every outing. You could even pick out the most outrageous person at the bar or area you're in, and just make it more and more ridiculous as the cruise gets under way. Along with this, stick various notes on their door with sweet nothings from the person who sent them the drinks. :D

Alright being a college bum...I know a a little bit about pranks....

late at night when they're asleep...fill half a cup of whatever (water is the safest)...but if u really want to get somebody...well u get the picture u can get anythign from water to piss basically...

u fill half a cup and balance it on the outside door handle...in the morning when they open the door..SURPRISE

If your rooms are across from each other...tie your door and their door....that works well..until u gotta get in ur room lol

if theres a door knob instead of a door handle...put vasaline on the door knob so they wont be able to turn it

if you can get in the room (notice how most of these u are not required to get in their room)....but if u can get in there..place raw eggs under the pillows...

Balance a nearly full bucket of water against someone's door at night. When they open it the next morning it will fall and flood their room.

Place "Bang-Snaps" in precarious positions on a door so that they will drop and explode when the door is opened. (such as balanced on the doorknob)

Most of these pranks you don't have to have access to their room...which is the beauty of it...since here at the dorms it kind of gives the prank away when we ask to come in or ask for the key....

My sister pre-ordered us the Honeymoon Decorations for our cabin online, which included a sign for the outside of our cabin door declaring us a "Honeymoon Couple". The first night of the cruise, as we returned from dinner my new DH and I noted there were 5 on our hallway! Early the next morning, only one sign remained. I couldn't figure out why the steward had removed most of these so soon, until the "duh" moment when I realized that the Honeymooners signs had most likely been swiped and placed on the doors of unsuspecting souls. A simple practical joke, for sure, but everytime I think of it, I laugh thinking about the puzzled/surprised looks of the recipients when they saw the signs attached to their doors.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

mix some garlic powder in with their baby powder,works wonders.

when their not lookin put some salt in their drink sit back and enjoy.

slip a drink coaster under burger bun or sandwich and watch em bite down.

sponge brownie recipe (cut sponges into brownie size squares and slather on some chocolate frosting) place 4-5 of the treats on a plate put out on table

and play dumb.

fill half empty toothpaste tube with shaving cream.

place some baby powder inside front of hair dryer.(could be same garlic mix

its your call).

water dumped on head of target from balcony above.(accomplices might be needed to have target in proper position and accuracy should be key if

innocent bystanders are near victim).

if victim is heavy sleeper plastic wrap target to bed.(again help might be needed).

if target is a little lite on top (BALD) place some glitter inside baseball cap

or whatever headgear their wearin.(sticks really well in tropical locales).

These pranks have been compiled over 15 years with the FDNY ,and all

are tested and proven to work .

you guys are sick. but i love it. will be takin these tips with me on the QE2 this summer. haha the poor unsuspecting old passengers...

I am busy thanking whatever Gods I believe in that you are not sailing on the same voyage as I am. I do not want to be pranked. LOL Although the results would be hilarious to see.

I am busy thanking whatever Gods I believe in that you are not sailing on the same voyage as I am. I do not want to be pranked. LOL Although the results would be hilarious to see.

its quite alright. i dont think you'll be on at the same time as me.:)

but to anyone who is......

well...lets just say stay in your cabins....

haha.

• 1 month later...

I was on a Cruise with my brother and his girlfriend.

I bought two ***** pills at a pharmacy in one of the Mexican ports; I crushed them up and put them in his drink when he was not looking; (he is only 32) and well the rest of the night he was walking around shifting his pants and turned in early ....

if your friend has a digital camera...secretly steal it and take some errr compromising pictures (cleavage shots will get the hubby into plenty of trouble! but you need to have a willing accomplice to help you out!) then put the camera back. Sometimes this practical joke wont be realised till they get home....so be patient!

From a gal whose first real job was with a Mechanized Infantry division in the Army....

While they're sleeping, especially if you have all guys and all girls cabins, smear some mayonnaise on their upper lips.

Or some red Jello on one of the ladies' bedsheets if she gets up, takes a shower and leaves the cabin. Looks a lot like "That time of the month."

But yeah, I hope you won't be on my cruise in November....:eek: I'll just watch from a distance.

Hi everyone,

I will be sailing next Monday with a group of approx 40 people. I would love to hear of some more pranks to play on this fun bunch of people.

I laughed so hard about the room service delivery prank.

Any other suggestions to get some of these folks good next week???? Keep the ideas coming......... I love a good joke. Can give them as well as take them,,,, which is great!

Let's hear it everyone..... what have you done to keep the laughs going?????

on a previous thread a yr or so ago, someone told about 2 enterprising teen boys who liberated a desk and a couple chairs from one of the public areas and put them in an elevator and then rode up and down and asked folks as they tried to enter the elevator whether they had reservations

got a buddy of mine a few trips back when he was carrying around a can of cashews and munching on them.. we got talking to a newly wed couple in one of the lounges and he offered them some cashews.. I said "Ed.. you've got to stop doing this thing where you spit in the cashews and then offer them to unsuspecting folks!!" He tried explaining that I was the strange one.. but they didn't take any cashews..

Don't know how long you'd get away with this one, but as long as the folks around you were in on it and you had a "Camelback"....

Saw this one on Ebaum's World.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/23464/

Or THIS classic!

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/audio/play/5952/

Or this one, if someone passes out and you can get LOTS of ketchup (though I think the cabin stewards will expect a HUGE tip for cleaning up)

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/audio/play/5829/

If you have access to their cabin ~

You know about the glow in the dark starts and moons that kids put on the ceiling? Well we found some other glow in the dark things (men's parts :eek: ) in the adult section of a practical joke store. About 10, all different sizes...we put them on the ceiling and then waited! Well, at bed time your laying down and soon the glow in the dark happens and um....yea....:eek: guess what your looking up at!! This was very funny because we were all sharing a room and got to hear the reactions!! We giggled ourselves to sleep that night.

The funniest part was in the car on the way home.....realized they were left on the ceiling!! :eek:

Can you imagine the next people looking up and seeing that? I'm sure when the cabins are cleaned, the stewards don't check the ceiling!! ;)

Ok this one is always good!

Take Anbesol with you (or some kind of numming medicine) and get a drink for your friend and put the medicine around the edges of the glass. It is best if it doesn't have flavoring, but it makes their lips and their tongue go numb. It is SO funny! :o

I wish I had thought about those glow in the dark items before! That would be funny as heck. Now it is almost 6pm and the mall is closing. I know Spencer's has them too. Crap!!!! I am leaving at 4am for the airport. Oh well,,, idea for next time.

Any other ideas for my last minute packing of my suitecase would be so appreciated. Thanks again. Nothing beats a good joke.

Keep them coming.....:))))

I know I have to go by the drugstore and get that tonight. I have used that stuff before for my patients and that would be a perfect idea for some of my drinking buddies on board. lol...... perfect! The thought of their face as their lips turn numb is going to be priceless. haaaaaaaaaaaaa

If you have access to their cabin ~

You know about the glow in the dark starts and moons that kids put on the ceiling? Well we found some other glow in the dark things (men's parts :eek: ) in the adult section of a practical joke store. About 10, all different sizes...we put them on the ceiling and then waited! Well, at bed time your laying down and soon the glow in the dark happens and um....yea....:eek: guess what your looking up at!! This was very funny because we were all sharing a room and got to hear the reactions!! We giggled ourselves to sleep that night.

The funniest part was in the car on the way home.....realized they were left on the ceiling!! :eek:

Can you imagine the next people looking up and seeing that? I'm sure when the cabins are cleaned, the stewards don't check the ceiling!! ;)

Thanks. It took me 10 minutes to clean the diet soda off my monitor! :D

We are cruising with a large informal group of family and friends. There will be 2 couples on board that we share a lonnngg history of practical jokes with. Last years cruise fell on our anniversary, they bribed my teenaged son to let them in our cabin and they left behind some very , ahem..adult type props. Of course, I am just itching to repay them. I will probably bring aboard the same props and will try to bribe THEIR teenaged son to give me access. Are the cabin staff bribable? How tolerant are they? I, of course, have no intention of going over any line...no true x-rated props, more along the line of R plus. Taping funny (read embarassing ) old pics to their door? Help me out, please....

There's the usual -- undies wet and in bag in fridge always gets groans. But try this: Fill a few VERY large balloons (get good ones, they need to be strong) with anything squishy -- pudding works but on a ship perhaps it better be water. Be certain to underfill -- you don't want them to pop. Put several of these between the mattress and sheets. If you have not overfilled, you should barely be able to see them, but believe me your buddies WILL feel them.

You could pay the cabin attendant to short sheet them. (But he could get in trouble for it, so paste a note on their phone, so they don't call him or the front desk). Most people do this wrong, but you use just 1 sheet. Laid from the top of the bed, folded in the middle and over the blanket so it mimics their normal sheet plus the top sheet. But of course, there is no where to put their legs.

You could buy some frosted glass film, preferably the kind that is put up with liquid not the kind that's sticky. Though, either can easily be removed. You could frost the mirror in their bathroom. You could frost the glass to their oceanview or their balcony. Or you could put up the frosted film and cut out letters that spell something nasty!

A walkie talkie, planted in a closet. When they are read for bed, you could scream into it "Let me out!" Or if you have an MP3 player, you could play a familiar voice or music, like mission impossible.

A letter in their mailbox (since it's so accessible) asking them to go to the front desk for a special gift. Give the front desk a scroll that says "Gotcha" on it! And ask them front desk to give it to them personally, when they come for it. Or you could buy (or create) a box for an x-rated item (you don't need to bring it, just the box and some wrapping paper) and wrap up the item for them to collect at the front desk.

I love the walkie-talkie idea!! ...and the special gift is hilarious!

If you know how to use photoshop; find a picture of your target person ( a cruise pic from the last trip would be best) use photo shop to make it look like the target person is with a sexy or un sexy woman or man; sneak the pic and put it with the rest of the pics in the photo galley at the front of his pics...

He will know it's a joke but until he sees it and rips it up all the other cruisers will wonder about him..

( I know someone talked about photo shop before but this one will be great)

Email if you need help- I will be on Freedom of the Seas in two weeks!!!

Archived