Bon Voyoge Liquor

msamanda2006

Anybody know if they have Jack?

Yes they have Jack. Ordered a bottle to be in my room for our cruise last Nov. on the legend. Also ordered some ginger ale and sprite too. all was in my room when i arrived. You can call and they will tell you what mixes they have . Takes all the hassle away of bringing it in your luggage. The lady I talked to was very helpful. All were in my room and all wrapped very nice. Call and order and enjoy your cruise.

Dan

The only problem that we encountered -- which was with the purser's office rather than the Bon Voyage department was that when the liquor had not arrived in our cabin shortly before sailing I called the purser (the Bon Voyage department was not open, as they are closed weekends), and they absolutely insisted that the liquor would NOT be delivered to the cabin; I would have to find the Bon Voyage agent in the dining room at dinner and make arrangements then to get it. I pointed out that I was not talking about wine or anything for dinner, but about the bottles of liquor that belonged in our cabin. He was adamant -- nothing to be delivered to the cabin. Fortunately, he was dead wrong, and the liquor showed up in our cabin shortly after the muster drill.
I don't know, sounds like a big hassle to me.

It is called Sheridan's and is absolutely delicious. The day the ship offers the liquor tasting is how I found out about it. It is very close to Bailey's only better. If I remember correctly it sells for $22.00 a bottle. I came home with a case. The liquor tasting should be advertised in your Capers( Carnival's daily paper of each days activities) Enjoy your trip!

Yum, Yum, Yum! I like a Bailey's on ice from time to time -- and on my balcony will be a real treat!

I plan on ordering a bottle for my cabin now :D

We get a couple of Sheridans everytime we cruise. :p It's good straight outta the bottle, over ice and great in coffee, even better in vanilla coffee. ;) Can't by it in the USA, so if ya taste and like, better stock up! Also, at the liquor tasting try Amarula! Alot like Sheridans.......very good too! Had to get BOTH this time. :D Woo-hoo!!

Buying ahead and having the liter bottle delivered to the room is GREAT! Still bought from the bar on the lido, but nice to have in the room to start the walk to the lido with one in hand. ;) Just back yesterday and have til October to wait for the next cruise. :( All going soon enjoy for me!

Happy cruising!

Kat

We get a couple of Sheridans everytime we cruise. :p It's good straight outta the bottle, over ice and great in coffee, even better in vanilla coffee. ;) Can't by it in the USA, so if ya taste and like, better stock up! Also, at the liquor tasting try Amarula! Alot like Sheridans.......very good too! Had to get BOTH this time. :D Woo-hoo!!

Buying ahead and having the liter bottle delivered to the room is GREAT! Still bought from the bar on the lido, but nice to have in the room to start the walk to the lido with one in hand. ;) Just back yesterday and have til October to wait for the next cruise. :( All going soon enjoy for me!

Happy cruising!

Kat

do you know if they have the Amarula offered through BON VOYAGE ?

they dont have anything that I like....

No coolers ... no schnaaps... and no coconut rum or anything like that!:eek:

For a place that has an issue with people getting drunk on their ships , you would think that they would have some softer stuff for the women out here !

What is a woman to do :( ?

Dont want to have to smuggle ...LOL

Have they stopped selling Malibu?? They were selling it just a few months ago... but I know they suddenly stopped selling Baileys too, so maybe they weren't selling well...

i called today thinking of ordering a case of corona.

i asked how much,and was told the beer was sold by the bottle only and a case at$ 4.60 a peice was a little over a hundred dollars.so needless to say that was a big no thanks.

as for the jack i did order a bottle for the room at 55.00 its the big bottle so its worth not having the smuggling aggrevation.

i ordered one for my last cruise and everything was as promised.

so drink up and have fun:D

and nckvilledudes (Dan) Thanks for the info. Will be ordering a bottle soon:D

AFter the cruise , I have to board the airplane to go home...

is there a limit inside the states as to how much alcohol I can bring home?

They mentioned stocking up ... that would be easier for the locals ...right ?

Or do we all get checked when we return from the cruise let we do at the airports ... you know CUSTOMS and declaring our goods...

If we get a case , lets say of the Shedirdans .. how do they handle that ?

Just curious ...

AFter the cruise , I have to board the airplane to go home...

is there a limit inside the states as to how much alcohol I can bring home?

They mentioned stocking up ... that would be easier for the locals ...right ?

Or do we all get checked when we return from the cruise let we do at the airports ... you know CUSTOMS and declaring our goods...

If we get a case , lets say of the Shedirdans .. how do they handle that ?

Just curious ...

First check what customs allows from where you are returning from. You have a larger allowance for St. Thomas/St. Croix than St. Martin. Also you can't bring it on the plane as a carry on due to new TSA rules. Must be packed in your luggage or checked w/ baggage and airline might charge extra due to # of pieces or weight.

Do you happen to know what brand? I love Bailey's but don't like some others I've tried.

When I called to order they couldn't tell me what brand they had, but the brand they delivered was Brogans. The cost was $45.

Enjoy!

http://www.reidsguides.com/t_mo/t_mo_customs.html

I believe we are only allowed 1 litre tax free... so how much tax do they actually charge per extra bottle ?

does anyone know?

Port of Mobile, I was charged $3 per bottle. Usually they will let you through with 4 bottles. I have come through with 12 bottles and 19 bottles and not be charged. It all depends on the Custom's agent.

Keep in mind that you dont want to exceed your weight limit for luggage if flying.

Dave

Port of Mobile, I was charged $3 per bottle. Usually they will let you through with 4 bottles. I have come through with 12 bottles and 19 bottles and not be charged. It all depends on the Custom's agent.

Keep in mind that you dont want to exceed your weight limit for luggage if flying.

Dave

do they have scales available on the Fantasy ? LOL

maybe I will be taking an extra suitcase for one of my kids :)

at $22 a bottle for Sheridans that is excellent

I wonder if the gift shop will have this alcohol that I bought in Costa Rica ...Orange Boquet ... I loved that last time Ii went there , last year... someone mentioned they carried Jamacain Rum... so maybe

I brought 8 liters through customs in Feb (was written on my form and everything) not a word was said. They didn't make me pay the overage fees either, I was surprised.

http://www.reidsguides.com/t_mo/t_mo_customs.html

I believe we are only allowed 1 litre tax free... so how much tax do they actually charge per extra bottle ?

does anyone know?

It is called Sheridan's and is absolutely delicious. The day the ship offers the liquor tasting is how I found out about it. It is very close to Bailey's only better. If I remember correctly it sells for $22.00 a bottle. I came home with a case. The liquor tasting should be advertised in your Capers( Carnival's daily paper of each days activities) Enjoy your trip!

I tried to order Sheridan's through the bon voyage dept but they didn't know what I was talking about. They offered irish cream (she didn't know the brand name) and it was priced at $45 per litre.~Cari

Sheridans is a coffee flavored , and vanilla flavored cream ...

there is a picture of it here:

http://www.regency.co.nz/Shop/Shop/Details.cfm/aVByb2R1Y3Q9MTE4MjEzODI0ODU4

I am not sure if it would be considered an irish creme exactly...

I was hoping though that they would have it for the $22 that was previously posted though LOL

Archived