How far from Victoria, BC port to Airport?

First time Canada visitor here. Can someone tell me how far from the cruise port in Victoria, BC to the airport in Victoria?

I'm looking at a cruise that arrives at 2:00 p.m. and the only flight I see which looks close to working is 5:05 p.m. Would that be cutting it too close?

What ship are you on that disembarks passengers in Victoria? Or are you just getting off in Victoria? Now to answer your question, taxi from port to airport would be about 40 minutes travel time. Presume you need to be there 1.5 to 2 hours prior making that 3:30, if ship doesn't clear immigration and if you're not the very first passenger off the ship, yes you could be pushing this time.

What ship are you on that disembarks passengers in Victoria? Or are you just getting off in Victoria? Now to answer your question, taxi from port to airport would be about 40 minutes travel time. Presume you need to be there 1.5 to 2 hours prior making that 3:30, if ship doesn't clear immigration and if you're not the very first passenger off the ship, yes you could be pushing this time.

Thank you, that's what I thought...I tend to be neurotic about time anyway, lol. We were looking at the Oosterdam...it a short 3-night cruise from San Diego to Victoria.

An unusual question as most folks don't depart in Victoria. But I would think that unless there is a delay in your arrival time the would be no problem with getting to the airport in 40 mins. It's across town and out hwy #17 about 20 miles total.

FYI: Victoria is not a big airport and if your ship is disembarking here and group of folks leaving I think they could bung it up for internation travel.

An unusual question as most folks don't depart in Victoria. But I would think that unless there is a delay in your arrival time the would be no problem with getting to the airport in 40 mins. It's across town and out hwy #17 about 20 miles total.

FYI: Victoria is not a big airport and if your ship is disembarking here and group of folks leaving I think they could bung it up for internation travel.

Thank you, this is the other thing I was worried about, lol.

where are you trying to get to? flights to vancouver are pretty frequent out of the international airport (and float plane flights out of downtown vancouver)... once you're at vancouver airport you can get anywhere.

another option is to get to seattle the beautiful way...

there is a ferry from downtown victoria to downtown seattle (leaves at 7pm)

http://www.clippervacations.com/ferry_schedule

another option is to take a bus (& ferry) to vancouver & fly from there...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - If you are disembarking at 2:00 pm, then you would have no trouble at all making a 5:00 flight. I'm sure disembarkation will be swift and you will beat most of the traffic.

Plus, it is a very small airport which only requires that you be at the terminal 1-1.5 hours before.

Have fun.

S.

Archived