Cabin Selection on the Grand

duckygirl

We are looking to go on the Grand in March with our 2 teenagers. We would like to have a balcony cabin and they can be in an inside cabin across from us. I thought I read somewhere that the cabins on the Caribe deck were larger - is this true? Also, any recommendations of what cabins would work best (if they are still available.) Thanks.

Hi Duckygirl!

Crazy4themouse (did I get that correct?) is right. The cabins are the same size. The balcony is larger - half covered and half exposed. We were on Baha deck last year and could see the uncovered part of the Caribe deck from our balcony. I thought it was pretty cool on Caribe - sun if you want, privacy if you want.

Kaye

We are booked on that cruise too. I booked two months ago and was able to get 2 outsides next to each other and a inside directly across the hall with no problem. However we are on Baja deck. Beware Easter is March 27th and I'm sure the ship will sell out & the prices are high. But you only live once!! Hope you can join us! we are 2 couples (late 40's) and 2 teens (18, 17) we plan on having lots of fun!!

Either Caribe or Baha is great. We took same cruise last year out of FLL (Easter) and had a great time. Seeing families together was wonderful.

On Baha aft, you just walked up one flight of stairs and out to the adult pool area. Horizon Court is nearby. We had nice room but balcony only held 2 chairs and round table which was quite satifactory, especially in the evening after a nice day ashore. There were inside staterooms across from us.

Neaby was the laundry (I think I am the only one who used it ;)), elevators and stairs. Enjoy :)

I think the inside cabins are all very much the same. Availability shouldn't be too much of a problem since I think most people book them as guarantees, or at least a high percentage does so.

When you select your cabins, make sure that your TA makes a note on your booking that you want both to be near each other. If you book guarantees, you might find yourselves or your teens reassigned to another location some distance away. Good luck!

Archived