Teenagers across hall do I tell the cabin steward?

Salene

:) Booked cruise with two rooms across from each other, I and one son and DH with other across hall, well of course we would like the boys in one with DH and I in the other, do we tell the cabin steward, or just move the beds together for ourselves each night? Thanks for any input.

I'd tell them (it is possible you will have different stewards for each room). For our last cruise, we had side by side rooms. In one room was me and DD, the other room was DH and DDBF. We let the steward know we were together. He was able to clean the rooms at the same time and the staff didn't have to check the status of each room.

By telling the stewards, they can arrange your beds properly, at the beginning of the cruise and leave it like that. Also, the stewards will know who the boys 'belong' to and can inform you how neat and clean their room is :D .

Also, you can get the room key cards rekeyed to open the correct room, for each person. Or get the boy's redone and the two adults could have one adult room keycard and one boy's room keycard. But if done this way, one adult would have to borrow the other adult's card if they needed to go to the room without the other adult.

We did rooms across from each other 2 yrs ago and had teens aged 15,15,16 in the inside room. I did let the cabin steward know on the first day that they were across from us and to let us know if there were any problems. Also, I can't remember exactly, but isn't there a mini-bar or something in the cabins? If so we did not request the key for it so I didn't have to worry about excess charges to my account or worry about them "experimenting" with alcohol.

Archived