"Gotta do" activities on the Conquest

Cinderellie

Hi, folks. I am definitely a JOINER. I LOVE getting involved in group activities of all kinds.

As we are going on the Conquest in just 26 days, please share with me some of the "should not miss" activities you enjoyed while on the Conquest.

I've seen reviews on the shows, the spa, and of course, excursions... I was just wondering about activities onboard.

Anything more fun than you expected? More fascinating?

Thanks for sharing!

Check out tea time on sea days. The pastries are out of this world!

oh... and they have country line dance lessons as well as ballroom dance lessons, I didn't go but a couple traveling with us did, and had a blast...

Cinderelle... you remind me of me before our cruise in February, just couldn't get enough information! :)

Kim

Yes, I am a curious sponge right now.

For the tea -- was it women only or men and women? Would you bring your daughter (10) to it? Was there organized conversation or to-yourself tables?

The pastries sound yummy -- you are a woman after my heart!

Yes, I am a curious sponge right now.

For the tea -- was it women only or men and women? Would you bring your daughter (10) to it? Was there organized conversation or to-yourself tables?

i have done the tea on previous cruises. in my experience, it was all older folks...there were not any kids at any of the ones i attended (did two). however, i am not saying it would not be appropriate to bring savannah to one unless they have a rule i am not aware of.

there were not any organized things...just come in and have pastries and tea and sort of 'quiet time.' i went alone, i sat alone and i left pretty quickly after finishing. let's try to make it together at least once (with your dd or without) and we can post when we get back so others will know!

Beth, you know those commercials for some cruise line where the husband says how busy he is -- and he is snoozing on every deck chair in every nook and cranny of the ship? That's my hubby -- but don't tell him I said so! So I will probably be running around as usual doing all of the activities. But I have never done the tea.

But my husband LOVES to dance, so he will probably want to take some lessons while on the ship. But NOT country -- we DO NOT LIKE country music. We are disco lovers -- no offense, country lovers out there!

Oh, and we LOVE karaoke and piano sing-alongs -- both John and I met in amateur shows, and I have an OK voice -- he has a wonderful one!

I just don't usually 'do' karaoke....so i don't think you will see us there. FOr one thing, it is always too smoky for us...but perhaps this one is non-smoking? and for the other, there are always too many that love to hear themselves sing, but they are the only ones in the room that feel that way. it has certainly been a craze that I have not been a part of....but, perhaps P and I can swing in to catch a song of yours and dh's. Do you ever do duets? that would be cool....

but, a tea, I will definitely do! Unless, of course, it conflicts with the Mr Sexy contest or the Mr. Hairy contest as those are some of my favorite on board activities to watch...lol....

parker and i did some of the dance lessons last time...but we didn't practice enough and forgot it all. we are not big dancers any other time, so trying to just pick it up on the ship is tough. but, hopefully, we will try again!

Archived