Mariner Suite 781

beaniele

Wonderful, with 2 small caveats. In 2003, we crossed the Pacific in 989 which is almost identical but 2 decks higher. The 1st caveat is that the aft balconies on deck 7 are a little smaller than they are on decks 8, 9 and 10 -- they are still very large (room sized, really), just smaller than on the other decks. The 2nd caveat is the closet is a bit awkward; you have to walk through it in order to get to the bathroom. Nevertheless, we would book any of the Seven Seas Aft suites in a heartbeat. The living room is huge and has a dining table for 4 people. There is an extra 1/2 bath off the entrance hall. There are deck chairs and regular chairs on the balcony. Especially for a long cruise, these are all extraordinary suites.

Beaniele,

One more word of advice: We also were upgaded to 989 (from a Penthouse A) on our transpacific cruise. RSSC has made a lot of money on that upgrade. We were instantly hooked on the huge balcony. Now the only accomodations that we book on the Mariner are Seven Seas Aft suites or Horizon suites (which also have huge balconies, but less interior space) and the only accomodations that we book on the Voyager are Seven Seas Aft suites. If RSSC hadn't upgraded us way back when, we would be booking smaller suites at lower fares!

This sounds crazy but I got my Suites mixed up. My husband and I have Horizen Suite 782 for a two week Panama Canal cruise. This was the suite we got upgraded on. My sister and I have Suite 781 for our 7 day Alaska cruise. We paid the big bucks, but a sister vacation was worth it. This is our big year for cruises, our first on Regent and looking forward to both cruises. Thanks for the info.

Archived