Carnival out of Baltimore

Bermuda2

That would be SOOOO Wonderful!!!:D

We went on a cruise with RC last year out of Baltimore and everything went so smoothly. It was wonderful!

We left out of NY 3 years ago and we had to wait in long lines for almost 2 hours. Due to the prices of RC going up so much this year we booked a Carnival cruise out of NY again. I hope it goes much faster!:rolleyes:

We like Carnival and would be delighted to hear they have finally moved to Baltimore. I'll keep watching this one!

Shyrlg

I don't see why they haven't done it already. We took a Carnival CTN out of Baltimore, and the port facility worked just fine - no worse than the NYC piers, certainly. It is centrally located for the markets in DC, Norfolk, Baltimore, Philly, Wilmington, Harrisburg, South Jersey, Richmond - just a ton of affluent markets whose only choice right now is to drive to NYC or fly to FLA. Plus, a Spirit class ship - sailing from there - could get much farther into the Caribbean than the ones from NYC, opening up a wider choice of destination ports. I know it's trickier getting in and out of the Chesapeake than Canaveral, maybe, but the traffic in New York Harbor ain't no picnic either - and I was on deck on a Navy destroyer in and out of both ports.

I should think the powers that be in Washington would have gotten this done already, with a little political arm-twisting.

Carnival, what are you waiting for? If not Baltimore, why not Philly?

Went on the Miracle out of B-more several yrs ago, Also sailed Galaxy and Grandeur. The NEW port is wonderful. It is one of the best I have ever used. IF Carnival does not take the chance, maybe NCL will bring something in. RCCL is out for 08 and Celebrity is not coming either.

Anyone heard a rumor about carnival having a cruise ship out of Baltimore for 2008?

Seems RCCL leaving Baltimore for the summer season of 2008.:confused:

Hi All, It is in the works to put a ship in Baltimore for 2008. What i do not know is what the destenations would be, or what ship would go there. Carnival has been working on this since last year and it will happen in '08.

Happy cruising!!!!!

Hi All, It is in the works to put a ship in Baltimore for 2008. What i do not know is what the destenations would be, or what ship would go there. Carnival has been working on this since last year and it will happen in '08.

Happy cruising!!!!!

YEAH!!!!! Thanks for the info. I will book as soon as I see the dates!!!!

Again, YEAH!!!!

Happy cruising!!!!!

Are you sure about this? Carnival's schedule is already out through Sept. 2008. I think 2009 would be more likely if at all. With only the two Spirit-class ships on the east coast, it is not likely that Carnival would move the Miracle out of the NYC market. Would they move the Legend out of Tampa to offer a similar Caribbean cruise from Baltimore?

Anyone heard a rumor about carnival having a cruise ship out of Baltimore for 2008?

Seems RCCL leaving Baltimore for the summer season of 2008.:confused:

At the time, the Norfolk, VA ships were going where I wanted to go, but Baltimore is much more convenient for me.

Looking to book RCL this summer out of B'more to save some $$ and maybe head to Bermuda, but they sure are pricey $$ !!

I guess I've gotten use the the Carnival pricing and great military rates.

At the time, the Norfolk, VA ships were going where I wanted to go, but Baltimore is much more convenient for me.

Looking to book RCL this summer out of B'more to save some $$ and maybe head to Bermuda, but they sure are pricey $$ !!

I guess I've gotten use the the Carnival pricing and great military rates.

If you want RCCL out of B-more you better enjoy it this year as they are not returning in 08. As for their cost, it seems that the B-more cruises fill up QUICKLY, supply and demand working against our wallets. OH, thank you for serving in the military! I do appreciate my freedom.

Carnival cruised out of Baltimore before, it didn't work out, and from what I understand, it was more a Baltimore thing than a Carnival thing... but that could have just been the rumor mill, LOL. It happened shortly after the Miracle overbooking fiasco...

Carnival cruised out of Baltimore before, it didn't work out, and from what I understand, it was more a Baltimore thing than a Carnival thing... but that could have just been the rumor mill, LOL. It happened shortly after the Miracle overbooking fiasco...

I sailed on that Miracle over booking fiasco!!! I was lucky got a cabin upgrade. I know some folks that changed sailing dates (got OBC as thanks). The Miracle sailed from the old port. The new one is fantastic. So easy to get into and onto the ship. I sure hope LightTech is correct with his inside info and a ship will retrun in 08.

The old terminal and parking situation at the Dundalk Marine terminal were the main problems (along with no political support for a new cruise terminal). Baltimore has a newly renovated terminal in an area closer to the Inner Harbor but very little future cruise business. Hopefully, this will turn around soon. I believe the new guy running the Port used to be a bigwig in the Port of Miami.

The old terminal and parking situation at the Dundalk Marine terminal were the main problems (along with no political support for a new cruise terminal). Baltimore has a newly renovated terminal in an area closer to the Inner Harbor but very little future cruise business. Hopefully, this will turn around soon. I believe the new guy running the Port used to be a bigwig in the Port of Miami.

I would cruise out of Bmore in a second... no airfare and no hotel needed, I'd pay a little more for it just for that!!!

I would cruise out of Bmore in a second... no airfare and no hotel needed, I'd pay a little more for it just for that!!!

Same here. It's only a 45 minute drive to the port for me. Only an hour for Philly.

It would even be better if they had one sailing out of Philly!!! I would book ASAP!

The cruiselines should really put more ships in the northern east coast, I really think it will benefit both them and the consumer and also would be great for the port cities.

I did the Miracle out of Baltimore -- great except for debarkation -- it was almost noon before we got off the ship. I'm sure Baltimore (it wasn't Carnival's fault) has that under control now with the new terminal. I'm ready -- I'll be buying my ticket when they come back, too!

Sure hope that happens in 2008!!! I'm already booked on the Miracle out of NY this summer!

If you want RCCL out of B-more you better enjoy it this year as they are not returning in 08. As for their cost, it seems that the B-more cruises fill up QUICKLY, supply and demand working against our wallets. OH, thank you for serving in the military! I do appreciate my freedom.

I do want to take an RCCL cruise, just to compare, because I've only been on Carnival (soon to be 5 times :)

I guess I better get it in quick and book early, from what you are saying about B'more. Thanks for the heads up!

I apologize if this has been beat to death in other threads, but why is RCI leaving Baltimore? If there is the high demand and they can get the higher $$, it would seem to be a viable port from which to operate.

I think that it is just that the same ship (Grandeur) has been doing the same itinerary for 3 years now. Sales are falling off. Time to move to a new port.

Archived