Little girls and "formal night"

michris17

My daughters will be 5 and 8 when we take our cruise. I think I remember reading somewhere that on the night you dine in Tritons its supposed to be a bit more formal and I was wondering if it is considered acceptable for them to dress like there favorite princess. They both can't wait to dress like Cinderella and Belle. Also just how formal is the night you dine at Tritons considered? Dress pants and polo for my husband would be ok? Thanks in advance

My daughters will be 5 and 8 when we take our cruise. I think I remember reading somewhere that on the night you dine in Tritons its supposed to be a bit more formal and I was wondering if it is considered acceptable for them to dress like there favorite princess. They both can't wait to dress like Cinderella and Belle. Also just how formal is the night you dine at Tritons considered? Dress pants and polo for my husband would be ok? Thanks in advance

In my opinion, your little girls will probably look adorable dressed as Princesses, but dress pants and polo on your husband are okay for casual nights but not the formal night.

Many girls wear princess dresses to dinner on all nights, not just formal night. They love to dress up and they really look so adorable!!!

So let them wear them, be sure and let them go to the princess meet and greet dressed as a princess to. They make great pictures dressed that way with the princesses. arrive extra early, lines form quickly for the princesses.

Slacks for your husband on formal night is what I would suggest.

mom x4,grandma x4

We were on the Magic earlier this month and my DD4 wore her Belle dress for formal night as did lots of girls. We had formal night in Parrot Cay (the most casual restaurant) because formal night is the same night for everyone, no matter what restaurant you are dining in.

My DH wore a suit and tie. We did see some tuxes but we also saw a man in jeans. Disney dress codes are guidelines but are not 'rules'.

We consider it a treat to dress up and be 'fancy' and we have a beautiful 8x10 portrait of me, DH and my two DD's.

I can't imagine anything that would be more acceptable than princess ball gowns.

Let your little girls dress up evey night for dinner, and try to get dad dressed up period. It's his cruise also, and I understand that, but it's nicer if everyone is on the same boat. Disney's biggest problem is dress code enforcement @ dinner. It just makes me aggravated, that some people have No Respect for certain guidelines. Polo shirts on Formal Night, is like going to a mall, on Friday night and Wonder who let these people out? I'm not really a snob, but this guy from South Philly last fall, really.... I can't begin to tell you, shorts, muscle shirt, and sandals. That was Formal. Dress your husband up, no polo. Metrowon

I'm sitting here reading this, smiling, while looking up above my PC at two of DD's pictures, one cruise dressed as Cinderella, and another 18 months later dressed as Belle.

That's as Disney formal as you can get!

Thanks everyone!! I really didn't want to have buy "dressy" dresses for them only to have them outgrow them again before the need would arise for them to wear them again. Our cruise is in August and they've already decided they are going to be Cinderella and Belle for Halloween also...

Archived