Query over booking.

woodmill100

I understand NCL will release their Alaska 08 cruises on 1 June which is great. I want to go through a TA to incorporate some other stops in the US (we're in the UK), however, flights from the UK to the US are not going to be available until 11 months before which means I can't book anything until nearly August - we want a mid June cruise.

Am I likely to miss out on the better staterooms/better prices? We want a balcony, mid ship? I don't know how quickly these cruises will sell. Does anyone have experience?

Thank you.

Alaska itineraries have been released and at least one person on CC has snagged one of those highly sought after aft balconies.

With the number of balconies available I don't think you will have a problem booking a midship one. I don't think pricing will change between now and August. If it was an aft balcony you were seeking I would think you would have a problem.

I understand NCL will release their Alaska 08 cruises on 1 June which is great. I want to go through a TA to incorporate some other stops in the US (we're in the UK), however, flights from the UK to the US are not going to be available until 11 months before which means I can't book anything until nearly August - we want a mid June cruise.

Am I likely to miss out on the better staterooms/better prices? We want a balcony, mid ship? I don't know how quickly these cruises will sell. Does anyone have experience?

Thank you.

I don't think you'll have a problem booking in August, or even later than that. We booked our June 2007 cruise on the Pearl the first of September when NCL had a "suite sale".

It seems like it was December or around the first of the year when the prices started rising. Now our AE has gone up over 40% from what we paid. And even now there are still quite a few cabins to choose from and we're less than 80 days away from our cruise date of June 17th.

So, I wouldn't worry!:)

Alaska itineraries have been released and at least one person on CC has snagged one of those highly sought after aft balconies.

With the number of balconies available I don't think you will have a problem booking a midship one. I don't think pricing will change between now and August. If it was an aft balcony you were seeking I would think you would have a problem.

Snagging the Aft Balcony had a interesting twist to it. I had called my TA to get me the cabin yesterday and NCL told him all the Aft's minis were sold out. Of course I could not beleive that! So, I called NCL and asked about Aft balconies and guess what there were 4 of them open. So I asked whey my TA was told there are none. My TA called NCL again while I was on the line with NCL and was again told no Aft minis. So, for whatever reason NCL was being funky. My TA and I laughed. I just booked with NCL and then faxed requesting the reservation be transferred to my TA. My TA is being wonderful and giving me OBC for all my trouble. Of course, he also knows I have 8 families traving with me and they will book with whomever I book with. I even told NCL this so they could try and beat his offer of OBC, but they did not want to play, so I moved to another playground. Ha ha I also noticed that NCL is the only site where 2008 bookings are showing available. Not sure what all this means, but the story sure makes for a good comical beggining to the cruise planning

Nancy

Caribbean Princess 2006

Carnival Sensation 2000

Archived