obstructed view ( please urgent advice )

New KAJO

Hi there,

We are in the process of booking a cruise on the Pride of Hawaii.

Deck 8, Category G : obstructed view.

Is there anyone that knows these kind of staterooms : is there any view outdoors, or do you just get some light ? Is it really bad ? Or is it OK ?

Can I find any pictures on the net of such a stateroom ?

Because of limited flights ( we are from Europe ) I have to book right now.

Is there anyone that could advise us ?

Thanks !

Kajo

I was on the Pearl in Feb and according to the site, my cabin had a 100% obstruction. The reality was that just below my window was one of the emergency boats. I had a clear view out, just obstructed view when looking downwards.

BTW It was cabin 8102 - HC with tons of room.

Hi there,

We are in the process of booking a cruise on the Pride of Hawaii.

Deck 8, Category G : obstructed view.

Is there anyone that knows these kind of staterooms : is there any view outdoors, or do you just get some light ? Is it really bad ? Or is it OK ?

Can I find any pictures on the net of such a stateroom ?

Because of limited flights ( we are from Europe ) I have to book right now.

Is there anyone that could advise us ?

Thanks !

Kajo

I have to tell you...plan on *total* obstruction.

One couple in our group had one (8576)- and it was bad. really bad. (The Front Desk Manager admitted that it was more of a "light feature" than an actual window. Can't say much light got in. )

We were on deck 5... had a beautiful picture window - paid $150 less per person. Go figure.

NCL will have you believe that "obstructed view" means you have "a" view. Don't take their word for it. You'd do better to have an inside cabin and save the $$.

Look, obstructed means something is blocking your view but not the daylight. We had 2 "G"s on the Pearl over Christmas and thought the obstruction was not an issue. For the short amount of time you spend in the room it's worth the savings. I would book them again.

• 5 months later...
I was on the Pearl in Feb and according to the site, my cabin had a 100% obstruction. The reality was that just below my window was one of the emergency boats. I had a clear view out, just obstructed view when looking downwards.

BTW It was cabin 8102 - HC with tons of room.

We booked room #8102 on the pearl on 12/14/2007, do you have any photos of the room and was there 2 pull down beds???

thank you for any help!:)

We booked room #8102 on the pearl on 12/14/2007, do you have any photos of the room and was there 2 pull down beds???

thank you for any help!:)

Hi Bkozer

We have cabin 8554 on the same sailing also obstructed view have seen a photo of ours not too bad.

We just got back from the Star. Cabin 8088.

Someone had given me a link where you type in the Ships name and Cabin number and it gives you all the imenities. I did that and it said 90% obstructed view. So, we werent' too disappointed when it really was 90% obstructed. The nice part was it had 2 windows so we still got the light in. Hopefully someone will give you that link.

We were in an obstructed view room on Pride of America and we had much more of a view than I'd expected. You have to look over the lifeboat but you can still see everything beyond. Absolutely no problem with light or feeling closed in. I'd say go for it.

PoAM-RoomBeds.jpg.91c2e0edf24f7347b904323443e1114e.jpg

• 9 months later...
I have to tell you...plan on *total* obstruction.

One couple in our group had one (8576)- and it was bad. really bad. (The Front Desk Manager admitted that it was more of a "light feature" than an actual window. Can't say much light got in. )

We were on deck 5... had a beautiful picture window - paid $150 less per person. Go figure.

NCL will have you believe that "obstructed view" means you have "a" view. Don't take their word for it. You'd do better to have an inside cabin and save the $$.

I've worked with NCL for many years as a TA and never once did an agent say there would be a view...bottom line....obstructed is just that....if you want a view, you will have to pay for an unobstructed view.

Archived