good AC on Valor??

Lefty888

How comfortable are the rooms with the AC on? For me, the colder the better. Last cruise I remember we had the AC cranked and it really just took the humidity out of the room, it wasn't really that cool.

Also, I read to bring a magnet? Someone said bring a magnet to place on the balcony door, so you can "trick" the AC system into thinking the door is closed..and have an open door with the AC on.. where do you put the magnet? On the latch in the door frame?

How comfortable are the rooms with the AC on? For me, the colder the better. Last cruise I remember we had the AC cranked and it really just took the humidity out of the room, it wasn't really that cool.

Also, I read to bring a magnet? Someone said bring a magnet to place on the balcony door, so you can "trick" the AC system into thinking the door is closed..and have an open door with the AC on.. where do you put the magnet? On the latch in the door frame?

No idea about the AC on Valor but have never had a problem with the AC.. on the 3 ships we have been on :)

Don't bring the magnet.. if you keep your balcony door open the AC will shut off as it is supposed to do.. if you want to hear the ocean than deal with no AC ;)

noo...actually I want to be able to keep the AC on with the door open...so you put a magnet on the latch I think so the AC won't shut off. I know, it's wasteful energy..bad bad

Well I for one won't tell you how to do it.. because I don't agree with it.. (Would you do that in your own home?)

Happy hunting for the answer:p

Seriously, It's not that big of a deal. I didn't mean keep the door open the whole trip. Just for short periods of time. And sure, I keep the AC at on home if i open the door..it just takes that much longer to re-cool if you don't. Maybe I should just go to Alaska?? :rolleyes:

If you have your balcony door open and open your main cabin door you may suck everything in your room out...and maybe a few people from the hallway.

I have never had any issues with the AC on Carnival and I like it cold when sleeping...remember though...there is an adjustment to the AC on the vent in the ceiling itsself....I think

Ive been on the Valor twice and I also like it cold and the AC was great. There is a lever near the bathroom.. I actually had to make it warmer one night it got so cold. I have been on Main deck and Lido deck.

When we were on her last year, it worked VERY well-I like it cool, too! I liked having a cabin on the Lido deck-made it very easy to run back and cool off after too much sun-I don't tolerate heat and humidity very well, unfortunately.

I'm trying to understand what "good" means...

President Bill Clintin didn't even understand what "is" meant...

"Good" AC is the when room is actually cool.

"Bad" AC is when the room is not cool.

Sticky humidity= "bad"...

Hot Caribbean sun= "good"...

:cool:

Archived