CCL VIP is BS IMHO

steveaaaa

I've noticed the Platinum perks have been different from ship to ship. Our first cruise...after the program started....was probably the least organized. But most things need time to work the kinks out.

I guess what was frustrating to me was telling the person in charge we were Platinum only to have them say...it doesn't matter go stand in line. Granted we were early and once the ships actually took on passengers the Platinums were the first on or in another case...once they started checking us everyone in Platinums were led to a special area.

I was impressed with the Inspiration. I didn't expect as much on a 5 day cruise and was pleasantly surprised. I didn't try the laundry service as I'm told things shrink...can't have that - especially on a cruise with lots of food!

Debarkation...also depends on the ship. On the Inspriation they let those who wanted to disembark with their luggage go first. Then they came and got us out of the Library. What was nice there was the special section for our luggage....much easier to find! On the Pride...Platinum people were led before the early flights people. (I can't remember if they had the take your luggage option...if they did they let us off first.)

One thing that does bug me...on some cruises they treat both of us a one - only leaving "one item"...etc. Both my husband and I are platinum.

I think it was more frustrating years ago to book a category 11 room that allowed use of the skippers club...only to find out at certain ports there wasn't any such thing.

So I'm looking forward to our next cruise...to see what membership in the Consierge Club brings me on that ship.

Say what you want about Steveaaa's posts..........they get a lot of responses and generate thought. His cup isn't always 1/2 empty.......he has a right to be unhappy with the VIP service as he described it. Two more cruises and we will be VIP and I hope we don't have a similar experience.

We had no problems with the program. We also knew by reading on these boards that you have to ASK where the VIP room is. Dont assume.

There is also a list that goes to all the dept heads onboard the ship letting them know who the Platinum guests are for the week. So basically they all knew who Steve was. And if they read these boards probably dreaded how their week was going to go.

Dave

Than you haven't heard? He got booted.

i heard this rumor too. i was very disappointed to hear this. i really don't remember steve being rude. he was steadfast in his opinions, but i he was not mean. if anything, steve always took the brunt of the flaming.

wonder what in the world cld have gotten him into so much trouble? did he really get angry? a mean poster (under false pretenses (meaning w/ some members he tried to be nothing but sugar and spice), but really was very, very mean, cld see right through that), is the "captain" yet he never got booted for all of his terrible remarks (unless he did recently, i don't know). steve isn't mean. very opinionated, not mean. i miss steve.:( hope he comes back.

That was not it, it was in order so my wife did not have to do any laundry.She wanted to come home with clean clothes.So in order to try and put this fire out a little, I took all dirty clothes to the cleaners yesterday and am having them washed and folded just so she does not have to. She does not like cruises, but puts up with them so these extra VIP benefits were very Important and were a deciding factor (+ prices) in booking.

I brought the whole locked suitcase of dirty clothes to the cleaners and dumped it out right there and then.It was actually around 11.30 yesterday morning just 2 1/2 hours after getting off.

Steve

How could your wife not like cruises! She doesn't have cook, clean or even do laundry (since you had VIP service). How could she not like that?:confused: I really enjoy my VIP perks that Carnival has given me even though sometimes they may not be at their best. It sure beats being at home when you could be on a vacation!

Archived