Is this an upgrade??

finkfizzle

So this is my first cruise, and when we booked eith carnival last week they were having a "free"uprgrade special. The agent told us we were upgraded not to ocean view, but to an inside cabin on a better deck. We are on the Empress deck on the Elation. Not sure if this is good or not, it is underneath the deck that has the large auditorium area where the shows are. Will we be able to hear the noise above? Not really planning on being in the room that much anyway, but still curious. Also, how much is the all you can drink soda? Is it worth it? What beverages are included if you don't buy?

Thanks - I thought I would ask the experts!

Yes, since you are on a higher deck, it is considered an upgrade. I like Empress Deck -- it's close to all the activities on board. Make sure you are not underneath the galley, and you should be fine.

You should be fine. That is towards the front of the ship. You are under the show room. The only time there may be noise there is directly after dinner during the shows. Other than that you will be fine. The Atrium is in the E60-E70 region, so you are only a short walk to the atrium/front desk area.

Archived