Carribean Princess- March 18th Cruise; RE: hypnotist

jhbrown

Hello all,

Just came back from cruising on the Carribean Princess (march18th-25th), and was wow'd with the service, food, and especially the entertainment.

I even decided to volunteer for the first hypnotist show of the cruise. Amazingly, (although many of you are probably skeptical, reasonably so) the hypnotist was able to put me under. I remember ceratin parts, and the parts that were fuzzy my girlfriend was all but happy to fill me in on the details of my embarrassment, and for the rest of the cruise it seemed like every couple of people I walked by would give me a pat on the back and a large grin.

Unfortuently, Princess apparently did not tape the show due to copyright, according to the passenger services desk. Although, people in the audience were allowed to tape the show by the hypnotist, and several people did. If anyone taped that first show, please respond so that I could perhaps get a copy of the show.

For those of you who were not at the show, I will detail some of the things I did, and as you will see I would love to see the rediculous acts I was told to do on video.

- I gave birth to an 18 pound baby, and then breast fed the baby, (I'm a guy...)

- I did the river dance

- I rapped in japanese

- And, for the finale I was a chipanddales dancer...yea, I took my shirt off...Thankfully, he stopped us before we got further.

So, if you get a chance to see this show...I would go, my girlfirend laughed so hard she was in tears, a woman next to her had to give her a tissue.

And again, anyone who may have taped the show, please let me know.

Thanks,

James

I was on the CB Feb 4 sailing. Fernadez did the same act on our cruise. I did videotape quite a bit of that show. He did the same things, baby, river dance, chipendales, etc.

If there is anyone from the Feb 4 sailing in that show who would like the videos just let me know. It was very funny and I laughed a lot!

I just have a question. Is video taping allowed at the shows? I am bringing my camcorder and would love to record the shows but I thought I read somewhere that it was not allowed. Hoping I read wrong. Thank you.

The anti-laughing chinese guy was the gentleman sitting a couple seats down from me. I was the one who had to rap in japanese. Funny though, I ate dinner with other guy at the show, we both realized that we would never be able to live down this story.

As for video taping shows, princess says that you are not allowed to video tape shows on the cruise do to copyright. However, it is actually up to the indvidual performers wheter or not you can video tape. You probably can not video tape shows like the piano man, where its a princess sponsered show, but shows like the hypnotist and comedians a lot of people acutally video tape the shows, and most of those performers will allow you to video tape them.

While I was thinking about it I also recommend seeing the comedian, Philadelphia, he was wicked funny. He will make fun of you, though, if you sit up front so be prepared for that. Don't miss this show if you want a good laugh.

Archived