Fashion Tape Question

Anatresia

I have used fashion tape once before- on my wedding day, to keep my dress from falling off my shoulders. The problem is it left bruises where it was taped to my skin.

Is this a common occurance and is there anything I can do to avoid this? If I have to bruise, it's worth it to keep my dress in place :p but if there's a trick I'm missing, I'd love to know.

6 days to go for my first cruise and I've begun packing. I am SO excited!

Love those pictures of your babies! My niece has one too and loves to dress her up!

You may be allergic to the adhesive in the tape but bruising is unusual unless the dress was very heavy. On a previous thread a few posters recommended fashion tape sold at Victoria Secret. You might try a piece on an unexposed area of your body before the cruise and see what happens!:)

I bought Fashion-Fix tape at Sally's Beauty Supply and used it on our cruise last month several times to keep "the girls" from being exposed too much if my dress shifted. I also used it on my shoulders to keep the straps on my gown from slipping. The adhesive left a light mark for a few hours but then disappeared. I'll definitely be taking the tape again on my next cruise.

It was probably that the dress was too heavy! It had a corset bodice with boning and a full ballgown skirt with a double layer of material. I lost 20 pounds between the first measurement and the final touchups, so it was still a bit baggy on the wedding day and wouldn't stay in place.

My cruise dresses are pretty lightweight and shouldn't pose as much of a problem (I hope!) I have no choice but to use it, or my dress will expose some bit or piece if shifted the wrong way.:eek: :o

Oh, and thanks about the puppers. They hate clothing, but in those pics they were at a dachshund picnic with 600 dachshunds, so they needed to strut their stuff to be noticed. LOL.

Archived