Rhapsody Review 3/25

we didn't find our invitation to the m&m until two days later. It wa s pilled in papers on our vanity area. So Sad as we wanted to meet EVERYONE so badly. Those that we did meet we had a blast with.

We also participated in the horse races the last day. We were in the owner's race and our horse was speedy gonzales. We won the best dressed but lost by 2 in the final race. RCI will change their rules after us in the alteration of the horse thats for sure!!!! :D

OMG were you the one with the balloon boobs????? :p Too funny when everyone started popping them!!!!! :eek: Might hurt if they missed :p

Love your pics Lori! Okay, I was always Starboard :) and you must have been there later than 11 according to your pics, because that is exactly where I would go :D I don't think we got any good pics of the ship this year! Only of the Conquest when we pulling out in that fog! Didn't you love how the Rhapsody and Conquest were blowing their horn at eachother? We have always cruised from a port with only one ship at time, so that was funny

DSC01507.jpg.be62c2b855416377ed10c880efc8f661.jpg

OMG were you the one with the balloon boobs????? :p Too funny when everyone started popping them!!!!! :eek: Might hurt if they missed :p

No - that was the first race. We were in the races on the last day. I was the one in the purple witches hat with the pinata for the horse.

I'm amazed and happy to read on this thread that despite supposedly checking every liquid in every third piece of checked luggage, no-one complained that luggage delivery was delayed. I guess that RC actually put enough staff on the job to ensure that they could enforce their policy while not inconveniencing the guests.

I honestly think we can thank the folks on this board who piped up five times daily about "just put your alcohol in your checked luggage" and then "just put it in your mouthwash bottle" and "just put it in your shampoo bottle" for this new policy. I also kind of wonder if they will slack off on this once they feel that the consensus on Cruise Critic is that you simply can't smuggle liquor on board.

I'm amazed and happy to read on this thread that despite supposedly checking every liquid in every third piece of checked luggage' date=' no-one complained that luggage delivery was delayed. I guess that RC actually put enough staff on the job to ensure that they could enforce their policy while not inconveniencing the guests.

I honestly think we can thank the folks on this board who piped up five times daily about "just put your alcohol in your checked luggage" and then "just put it in your mouthwash bottle" and "just put it in your shampoo bottle" for this new policy. I also kind of wonder if they will slack off on this once they feel that the consensus on Cruise Critic is that you simply can't smuggle liquor on board.[/quote']

Your right, we got out luggage really quick, well except for the one suspicious bag :rolleyes: that was mine ands filled with "Bed Head" products and suncreen, it was 6:30pm by the time we got sent down to the bowels of the boat :eek: , and I'm happy to say we were innocent :D

BD- I do remember the pinata horse and the hat now! Great job!

There are a series of connected pipes, mostly by section, on the ship. It takes one clown putting something in the system and it can take down 1-2-3-4 sections until they actually locate the exact blockage and clear it. I have seen the problem persist for a whole week on other ships.

Some idiot thinks it is funny or he/she don't have to worry about it and you suddenly have hundreds of passengers inconvenienced.

I saw this in action my last cruise. Our cruise was delayed 6 1/2 hours getting back to port and everyone was waiting out in the public areas. I went into one of the public restrooms and the toilet paper was empty in most of the stalls. The women were using paper towels instead, even women on their way out were telling women coming in that there was no tp and to use paper towels. I was like don't do that, you'll clog up the system. That got laughs and a flippant "that's probably why the toilets in the bathroom on deck X won't flush."

I remember it really grating me at the time but I didn't know what to do about it.

• 3 weeks later...
I understand you can't take liquor on when you board but what about bottled water? We planned on taking on a couple of cases since we drink a lot of it. Would that be allowed on?

i just got off rhapsody sunday (we sailed apr 15) and we did the big bottle (looks almost like a gallon....i just buy it, i don't look at the label or anything...)of whiskey in our luggage, just had it wrapped in bubble wrap - so i'm not sure if the wrap hid it a little, or no one cared. we had the attitude if it makes it great, if it doesn't oh well. well - it made it just fine. and we bought our fair share of bar drinks.

this site was very helpful to me - it's just loaded with info the normal, first time cruiser would not know about any other way. i was wondering about trying to get our liquor on - chance it or not. but then when we were getting on the ship, going through all the lines and what not, we come to the metal detector, the people in front of us were putting a big 24 pack of bottled water on the thing to be scanned - so they made it through just fine. i realize it matters to some, water is water to me, but they do have several locations so you can get a glass of ice/water.

we had a blast - even after reading a lot of negative comments. so if you have any questions - i'm here.

Thanks for the info. I just figure it will be easier for the kids to grab a bottle of water and take off with it. Then they can close it instead of spill it when they set it down. LOL

Sounds like we should be ok. Only a couple weeks to go!!

Archived