When should I get to the terminal??

On June 10, 2007 I will be on Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas for a 7 night cruise of the Southern Caribbean. Initially the sail time was 10:00 P.M. and has since been pushed ahead to 8:30P.M. This seems preety late compared to other cruises I have seen. My plane arrives that afternoon around 2:00 P.M. and I am trying to figure out if I should go directly to the boat or sight see first. I have my transfer through Royal Caribbean so my bags won't be a problem, however, a Royal Caribbean customer service agent told me the earliest boarding is 5:30 P.M. On prior reviews I have read, I have seen people boarding from 2-3:00 P.M. Did Royal Caribbean change the sail time? The boat docks in the morning around 7:30A.M. so I am not sure why they need 10 hours before anyone can board. If anyone can answer my question, or is going on this cruise please advise as to what I can expect. This will be my 2nd cruise and first with Royal Caribbean. My first was on Carnival Triumph last May.

Thanks.

Bob

countdown.pl?name=BigDaddyVoges&date=6-10-2007&image=Beach-8&text=Early summer Southern Caribbean Cruise&ship=Adventure of the Seas

I know that on every cruise we've been on with sailing times of 5.00 p.m. we were told not to arrive b4 2.00 p.m. However we've always arrived around noon and boarded with no problem. Ususally a lot of people had boarded even before us.

Archived