Victoria Pub info

I am really trying to jar my memory but in the 80's we visited a pub on Government st. Do not remember the name. All I know is that it N. of the Empress and up a few blocks. I did a search and found out there are two pubs in that area but are in the 1100 block and 1200 block. I remember that they served the biggest fish and chips that I have ever had. They were huge, especially the fish. I know that it is on the right-hand side of the street going north. I am not sure that the two pubs that I mentioned in the 1100 and 1200 block are the ones. I checked their web site. And maybe the place does not exist anymore. We will be in Victoria on May 9 so maybe I will just walk up there and check it out. Anyway since I remember this in the 80's. Oh well the memory is going.:D

Marilyn

Were you thinking the Elephant & Castle? It is no longer there if that was the one.:(

I really have no idea and cannot remember the name but thanks alot. I guess I will find out when we get there on May 9. Again thanks.

marilyn

Archived