Cabin beneath the Galley??

suzybruner

Has anyone stayed in a Main deck cabin under the galley on the Conquest? We booked an O/S guarantee, looks like we have #2412 for 9/26 sailing. I am concerned about the noise you can hear from the floor above. If you have stayed under the galley on the Conquest, let me know what it was like!

We had cabin E134 on the Celebration a year ago. It was under the galley, and from 4 to 7 am we heard a lot of loud noises and scrapes coming from above us.

Suzy

I would say anytime you're under the galley you're going to hear things. We were under the bread mixer in the galley on the Celebration and all night long thump, thump, thump :eek: and it wasn't even us! :p

Hi. We bring a portable 6" fan (Walmart $8) and a Homedics sound machine. I can't sleep without the sound of the ocean waves. It really helps drown out unwanted noises. I have also heard that ear plugs help, too ;)! Happy cruising.

Joanne :)

On the Holiday this past April we stayed under the galley just at the entrance from galley to dining room. We did not hear anything. We will be in the same area on the Sensation next year. It is just where your cabin in located. If directly under the middle, I'd asked to be moved to another area.

Archived