Corona Beach Club for the non-hardcore Snorkelers

Guacamolly

If you are looking for an inexpensive and easy access snorkel spot in Cozumel, I'd recommend the Corona Beach Club. My dad and I had our own masks and snorkels (cheap stuff from Target that worked fine) and wanted to just do an hour of snorkeling without paying through the nose. The taxi dispatcher on the corner recommended San Francisco Beach and told the driver to take us there ($12 total for the ride.) Our driver took us to Corona Beach Club where get free access to the beach (not the big, wide florida variety), chairs, umbrellas and tables, they just ask that you purchase food and/or drinks. We didn't rent fins and this did not hamper our movements. Also, we forgot our watersocks which was not an issue. Saw at least 20 species of fish. Had three beers, chips and salsa and an order of chicken tacos for $23 including tip. Cab ride back was only $10. $25pp for a snorkel outing and light lunch seemed like a deal to us. (As it turns out we were not at San Francisco Beach but just north of it a bit.) No real amenities here but a two stall bathroom and outside shower. Grab a towel from the ship, go there in your suits and wear them back too.

Archived