Obstructed view - The sequel

New KAJO

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the answers on my previous posts.

We just got our cabin number on the Pride of Hawaii confirmed : it wil be 8082.

When looking at the deckplans on the site of NCL, it seems there is a lifeboat all over this cabin. ( I am afraid we had bad luck :( )

Is there anyone around that knows this cabin : is there any view outside or is this really a bad cabin ?

Maybe someone has access to the site 'cruisestateroom.com' and is willing to check for us ? :confused:

If the view is really completely obstructed, is there any way to ask another cabin to NCL ? How should we do that ?

Any advice would be very appreciated !

Thanks,

Kajo

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the answers on my previous posts.

We just got our cabin number on the Pride of Hawaii confirmed : it wil be 8082.

When looking at the deckplans on the site of NCL, it seems there is a lifeboat all over this cabin. ( I am afraid we had bad luck :( )

Is there anyone around that knows this cabin : is there any view outside or is this really a bad cabin ?

Maybe someone has access to the site 'cruisestateroom.com' and is willing to check for us ? :confused:

If the view is really completely obstructed, is there any way to ask another cabin to NCL ? How should we do that ?

Any advice would be very appreciated !

Thanks,

Kajo

I'm not sure how reliable the information is, but here is what's posted.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/shipsncl.php

cabin_PRIDE_HAWA_II.jpg

Cabin 8082

• Oceanview Stateroom (1)
  • Convertible Lower Beds (2)
  • Pier aft (1)
  • Starboard Side (1)
  • Midship Section (1)
  • Sprinklers (1)
  • Obstructed View Percentage (100)
  • Shower (1)
  • Crib (1)
  • Tea and Coffee Maker (1)
  • Duvet (1)
  • Refrigerator (1)
  • Hair Dryer (1)
  • Telephone (1)
  • Safety Deposit Box (1)
  • Television (1)
  • Sitting Area (1)
  • Cabin Square Footage (161)
  • Porthole Window (2)

Cruisestaterooms.com

Cabin 8082

• Oceanview Stateroom (1)
  • Convertible Lower Beds (2)
  • Pier aft (1)
  • Starboard Side (1)
  • Midship Section (1)
  • Sprinklers (1)
  • Obstructed View Percentage (100)
  • Shower (1)
  • Crib (1)
  • Tea and Coffee Maker (1)
  • Duvet (1)
  • Refrigerator (1)
  • Hair Dryer (1)
  • Telephone (1)
  • Safety Deposit Box (1)
  • Television (1)
  • Sitting Area (1)
  • Cabin Square Footage (161)
  • Porthole Window (2

What type of cabin did you request? Did you get a GTY for an oceanview? Having not read the previous thread, and you did take the H GTY, did your TA at least explain the risks involved w/ taking the lowest price for an outside cabin?

Hi NCL Cruiser,

We requested a category H on deck 4. The TA warned us that it was possible that we would get a category G on deck 8 with partially obstructed view.

So in fact we were warned, but we were hoping that we would be lucky...

When we looked at the deckplans on the site of NCL, it seemed that there are cabins of this category that are partially behind the lifeboats, or just in between lifeboats. But, there are also cabins completely behind a lifeboat...

Now that we were assigned our cabin, it seems to be one that is completely behind a lifeboat. ( if the picture on the site of NCL is accurate )

The only thing that we are hoping, is that the lifeboats are a bit lower than the window, so that we can look over it. Does anyone know ??

I guess that asking another cabin is completely not done ?

Kajo

We're on the POH in Category G as well. I would just point out the Cruisedeckplans.com does not have gradations of obstruction. There are a few G rooms that are completely uncovered and those are listed 0% obstruction. Everything else, regardless of whether it is in between lifeboats or not, is listed as 100%.

Although your room may indeed be 100% obstructed, you shouldn't read too much into the Cruise Deck percentage.

I also agree with Electricon in that it never hurts to ask. Worst that could happen is that they say no.

If it is 100% obstructed then is it really an oceanview cabin??? ;)

And what IS the sound of one hand clapping?

Technically I suppose it isn't an ocean view, but at least it gets natural light....you know when it's three in the afternoon versus three in the morning. Of course, people need to know this is an option when they book an H GTY....I'm glad the OP was forewarned.

And what IS the sound of one hand clapping?

I swear to God I can clap one hand. I once made a philosophy professor laugh so hard he cried.

Anyhow, yea the GTY can be a pain sometimes. I recently book GTY Category G for the Wind. I for one don't mind the obstructed view. My DW and I just prefer having natural light.

So I got upgraded to Cat. F. So from the middle of deck 8 to the very very back end of deck 5. Sure we had unobstructed view portholes, but how often do you kneel on the bed to actually look out the window?

Archived