Any Info on Dawn Memorial Day Weekend Cruise?

Lotteryfan

I know that NCL said they were going to put on sale today a three day, two night cruise to nowhere leaving New York on the Memorial Day weekend to replace the two week-long cruises that were cancelled. But when I went onto their web site now I did not see anything listed. Nor did I see anything listed on the big internet web sites. I'm hoping to score some cheap prices here before everyone else books and prices go up but cannot locate anything. Does anybody have any info?

I just called NCL and they said they cancelled the cruise...

Not sure if its true of the cust. rep didnt know what they were talking about. Yesterday I called to see if pricing was avail. and they said it was sold out - but I told them the website says they go on sale on Wed. They put me on hold and came back and said I was right.

I will call them later today.

If someone has any more info please post.

I called NCL this morning and they said the cruise was canceled. I didn't believe it so I just called back - they said the cruise will still take place, but pricing will be available Friday. I will let you know when I hear anything else. Still don't know what the truth is :)

I called to find out since it was not on the website. They said it was not updated into the syetem. She said they hope by the end of the week. I was wondering if they will have low pricing since it is last minute, but then again it is memorial day weekend. I asked if they knew pricing or anything and she did not.

:) :confused: I called my online TA last night around midnight to try to book - she called NCL and was told NCL was going to change the website to show the 5/26 2-night cruise was cancelled. She said it was no longer going to be offered.

Not to be deterred, I called NCL today and was told cruise is not in system yet to book it is still in revenue department for pricing, to try back tomorrow for more info. They told me I could not book it online on NCL once available, but would have to call 1800 number for NCL or use TA.

I assume pricing will be comparable to October 2night sailing.

My (NCL) Pers. Cr.Cons. e-mailed me yesterday and told me she would call me today about the pricing on this little cruise so I could book today. I didnt hear from her so I called the general NCL # at 10AM EST this morning and the cruise planner said that the cruise would be available tomorrow instead of today. She had checked with her supervisor and they said they were just a day late in getting the pricing ready for booking. So, two hours later I called my CC at NCL to see what was up and she said the cruise had been cancelled and would not be offered. She said she learned this through her help desk. I told her that one planner had told me it was just postponed till tomorrow. She seemed to still believe that it was indeed cancelled but was not so adamant. She said she would find out and call me tomorrow if it was available. So, in other words, the truth seems elusive on this one right now.

I would agree though that IF this is offered, pricing should be pretty reasonable given that they only have 7 weeks to fill up the ship from scratch.

I agree. If it is cheap - seems like we are getting a group together for the roll call. :)

Shoreguy -

Seems like you and I like the short cruises out of New York. I was on the one night cruise on the spirit when you had the GV. I actually went with my wife and daughter (she was 6 weeks at that time).

I'm already booked on the Spirit for the one nighter on 9/1 - no kids :)

This memorial day cruise was tough to pull off with my wife - especially since we just got off the Pearl on 3/30. Already went through the argument (I mean discussion) and have the approval :)

Shoreguy -

This memorial day cruise was tough to pull off with my wife - especially since we just got off the Pearl on 3/30. Already went through the argument (I mean discussion) and have the approval :)

This will be hard for me since I am on the Crown 6/17/2006. If the price is right I am surprising hubby. We shall see.

I enjoyed my 1 night on the Dawn so 2 should be even better.

Just got official word today that the ship will be sent to drydock two days earlier for additional repairs, so the cruise has been cancelled. Good thing no cabins were booked yet!

Just saw the same thing on NCL's website... Were a no go. Ship is going to Boston on 5/27. :(

Just got official word today that the ship will be sent to drydock two days earlier for additional repairs, so the cruise has been cancelled. Good thing no cabins were booked yet!

Got the same news - cell phone rang while out to dinner - PCC so sorry going to Boston early :mad: :mad:

I guess NCL decided to go to drydock sooner to do more work, or the drydock will be ready for them a few days sooner than originally planned.

Whatever the reason, it means the shipyard's craftsmen working on the Dawn will not be rushed as much, and can do a better job fixing her up.

Where's the cry for on board credits for a cancelled cruise no one actually booked, but were planning to?:D

Archived